GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I just returned from the dealer (Niehaus). He had four 07's just unloaded from the shipping truck. Dark red, Silver, Dark Orange, and Dark Blue. According to Honda they are supposed to be metallic, but I could not see very much metallic at all. We have the 01 Blue, and we picked out another Blue. It is darker, more like the FJR of a couple years back. Tomorrow I go back to assemble all four for display.

Ed Jenkins, Pawnee, Il
01, 190,000 miles
07, 0 miles

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fred, The color reminded me of a color that Chevrolet is using. I call it beer bottle, or root beer, with a tad of orange. It is listed as metallic, but I will have to see it tomorrow after the prep boys wash it.

Ed Jenkins, Pawnee, Il
01, 190,000 miles
07, 0 miles

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, I just went with the level 1, I would have like to have the comfort package, but Honda makes you go all the way to navi. I am retired, I don't care where I go or how I get there, just so it is on two wheels.

Ed Jenkins, Pawnee, Il

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cycle dude, I planned on 200K, but this one came up, the right color for me, the right level for me. I am still planning on WOTS, and the wife and I are planning on Biloxi in early Oct, and I always ride to Biketoberfest. and then count the miles I took off the speedo by reducing the odo 2%, and you end up with 200K.

Ed Jenkins, Pawnee, Il

·
Registered
781 Posts
Ed congrats on the new bike. I bought my dark red w/airbag a couple weeks ago cause I really wanted the airbag but after I saw the blue, I thought wow, kind of wish I would have waited. Oh well, enjoy your new ride!!!

·
Premium Member
19,868 Posts
Wow that is early for a dealer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I like the new colors. They are metalic when you view them in the sun light

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Tony in AZ said:
How can this dealer have 2007 GW's on the lot when Hal posted that he could order GW on 9-27-2006??
The dealers could order at the show in Vegas. The ones that did are receiving their 07 models now.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Volume does have its privileges. Bet he ordered these way before the introduction.

Congratulations, Ed. Sounds like you don't spend a lot of time parking that bike!

Mesquite Bob

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Hey Ed congratulations on the new Wing.

I do have a question and not looking for your particulars but did you trade your bike with that many miles or did they not want it.

My dealer once told me if I put over a 100K on it he won't take it in trade. I know that could be just to keep me trading every three years so I am just wondering if they traded or I should say if you traded it in.

On a recent trip to Schroeder's Terry told me he does not care about miles and will trade for any bike but of course the value goes according to the miles as well.

I will have over 70K on my 05 silver by the end of the year and thinking of the 07 silver. But have been thinking of just running one up there like you did especially after having put the whole Traxxion setup in it.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Tony in AZ said:
How can this dealer have 2007 GW's on the lot when Hal posted that he could order GW on 9-27-2006??
My dealer has four of them too. Orange, Blue, Silver, Black - he said he didn't get the CBC because it was the same color as previous years. Got them in Tuesday in time for his open house this weekend.

Des Plaines Honda
http://www.dsphonda.com/

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
KCButch said:
That the spirit Ed - who cares when and where as long as the how is on your BRAND NEW 07 WING!! Congarfs and post some pics as soon as you get it!
:idea: I thought that I was the only one going dislexic...
Thanks, KC!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Enjoy your new bike! Looks like it will not spend much time idling....!!!

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
8,833 Posts
jwen said:
I will have over 70K on my 05 silver by the end of the year and thinking of the 07 silver. But have been thinking of just running one up there like you did especially after having put the whole Traxxion setup in it.
You could always just swap out the Traxxion suspension with the new bike. New rear shocks can be had for cheap money from trike shops. Change out the Traxxion rear shock with the cheap oem shock from the trike shop before you trade and then install the Traxxion rear shock on the 07. You could also swap out the Traxxion front forks with a friends Wing and when you get the 07, swap him the 07 model forks for your Traxxion forks and put them on the new 07. It's a win win deal, he gets a brand new 07 forks with 0 miles and gets to demo a set of Traxxion forks for a few miles and you get your high dollar Traxxion forks back and can enjoy them on your new 07. It's a bit of work, but in the end you would have a new 07 Traxxion Wing, it would be worth the effort.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts