GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so recently I have noticed the weather map showing up in the bottom left corner of my GPS display on my 2014 GPS equipped wing. I did a little fiddling and figured out how to get to the actual weather map where it used almost the whole display. I was happy about that until I started moving then it went back to the Nav screen. Every time I stopped after that the radar would again take the whole screen. Is there a way to keep the radar picture up?? I did use the thumb zoom in and out button and found that if I push in on it the radar display seemed to go to a different view. By this I mean the options in the bottom of the window like next or previous were gone and there were 4 tabs at the top of the screen one for radar, traffic, wind, and alerts or weather bulletins. I did not yet test to see if the radar will stay up when in that screen mode while moving as yet. I just messed with it in my garage. So basically is the radar display I got to come up by holding in the zoom thumb button going to remain displayed while I am moving?? I really hope so because here in southeast Tennessee storms pop up quickly and can be quite intense. I ride almost daily to work, 24 miles each way and it would be good to know if I have to take an alternate way home to avoid the weather.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
IronMan
17,636 Posts
Have 14 n never noticed weather will get audio that says severe weather or rain in area .

·
Registered
88 Posts
On my 2012, if I select the weather radar screen via the tabs at the top of the screen it says up while I'm in motion until I change it to something else.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
I can toggle through nav screens, including weather, using the left bottom handlebar thumb button on my 2013 on the move.

It’s the same button you use to zoom in and out on the GPS screen. You push it straight in and hold it to change screens if I remember correctly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts