GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about paying for sailor weather for next summer. What ones are you using and do you like the one you have? Also what screen of weather do you use and like most?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I use the "Sailor" package but only because it gives me surfaces winds.

I use the "NEXRAD Radar" screen most often. While the same info is available on the navigation page, I tend to run the navi page zoomed very close so I can see the layout of the road ahead.

Then I zoom out the NEXRAD radar screen to about 20 miles. While navigating, two pushes of the "Menu" button takes me to the radar screen, one press of the "Quit" button takes me back to the navigation screen...easy to do as I ride down the road (ooops, the board police may get me for that one).

Hope that helps...

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks DT, that is the information I wanted to hear about. The surface winds is also the only reason I can see as a added benifit go get the sailor weather. How you run yours makes a lot of sense, easy to switch back and forth maps. I also run the navigating map zoomed in almost all the time. Last year we got caught in some really nasty storms. Two of them were at night. Nothing like not being able to see what your headed into. Both of them we could have advoided the worst of the storm if we knew where the bad cells were headed. Live and learn.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
BlueWing said:
Thanks DT...
No problem...

Sorry to hear about President Ford. I was part of the Marine Honor Guard during the Nixon resignation and Ford's appointment. While I never got to speak with him personally, President Ford always expressed appreciation for the men and women in uniform.

Maybe a visit to his museum is in order this year.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Why dont you just set the radar to display at 20ft. Then its always on your screen. If you are zoomed in like you say, just hit the zoom out button a few times and then you get to see the "big" picture. Did that make a lick of sense? LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts