GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I would like to apologize for the post.
Not bike related.

I want to redo my personal web site (Gold Wing related) and start a web business.
I do my own web development.
I want to get an idea what web drowser you use to surf the net.

I just downloaded Mozilla FireFox and my personal web sit looked terrible by it looked great in Windows Internet Explorer. I have been making changes to the site, but I think I will redo the entire site as soon as I have some time.

Thank you.

Aumi

I

·
0 Posts
Firefox. Far more stable and less susceptable to viruses and other malicious attacks. It isn't perfect, but way ahead of Microcrap IE. I understand that Opera is even better, but I haven't tried it. Firefox does not display pages in a jerky way on my machine. I know many others using it, and they don't have that problem either.

Most anything you design to run on IE will work fine in Firefox.

Might I also suggest that if you plan to put up a website, you work on your proofreading. :lol:

Lest I be flamed again for being a "Mr. Perfect" (and I am sure I will be), your post has a couple of typo or spelling errors. I hope you consider it constructive comment, which it is, and not a criticism, which it isn't.

Good luck with your project.

Ride safe. Happy Holidays

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I've gone back to IE 6.x. Firefox doesn't display most of the pix on my puters, and when I go to hotmail, words are on top of words. What a POS. I wasn't impressed with IE7, as everytime I typed into a form like this, the letters were multi-colored.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I've been using Firefox for 2 years. Faster and safer than IE...Web developers should start paying attention to it and take care of the minor display problems, etc. due to compatability issues...Firefox has 25% of the market and growing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Web browser question

John,

Thanks for the constructive criticism. Dyslexia, fat fingers, or lack of details to what I do always hunts.
Anyhow, thanks for advice.

Back to my original question, I’m using IE7 and it is slower than IE6. Maybe on the next fix it might perform better.

Amilcar

I

·
0 Posts
Re: Web browser question

aumi said:
John,

Thanks for the constructive criticism. Dyslexia, fat fingers, or lack of details to what I do always hunts.
Anyhow, thanks for advice.

Back to my original question, I’m using IE7 and it is slower than IE6. Maybe on the next fix it might perform better.

Amilcar
Amilcar:

Always remember that no matter the app, you are at the mercy of the Microcrap OS and associated hardware.

I understand the "fat fingers" syndrome. Mine aren't fat...but they are frequently disconnected from my central nervous system. :lol:

Every IE update gets more overhead features and security tweaks...hence slows down cuz the hardware can't keep up. Just a fact of life with Windows apps. Patch Patch Patch. The never do it right the first time.

Computers are a perfect example of the practice of planned obsolesence. What the hey..it keeps lots of people employed.

Take care.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Web browser question

John,
I know what it going, on with my grammar.
It is a problem with my small laptop keyboard, fat fingers and most importantly my brain doesn’t talk to my fingers. My brain thinks in Spanish and my fingers type in English.. or is the other way around?

I used Microsoft Front Page to create my web sits. I just finished installing Dreamweaver 8 and plan to redo my web sites with Dreamweaver 8.

Aumi

1 - 11 of 11 Posts