GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19,068 Posts
Nice shots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,if that Georgia I see why you live there. What kind of camera are you using??

·
Registered
713 Posts
Most excellent, Bill !! Really enjoyable :D

·
Registered
762 Posts
Great shots thanks for sharing

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
laen said:
Nice shots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,if that Georgia I see why you live there. What kind of camera are you using??
GA, TN, NC, & VA...
Just a little 5mp Kodak pocket camera.
We roadtripped from the Cherohala, up the BRP, to Colonial Williamsburg, and back. Only a half hour of interstate but lots and lots of walking.

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
nice
hey Bill, I have your little yellow friend's brother/sister.....

Cool :wink:

·
Registered
609 Posts
DD,
Stop complaining!!!! These pictures should make you get well quicker and ride again before fall of next year when the colors changes.

By the way Bill,
thanks for All the great pictures!!
.that picture of the mountains with laying fog looks like the every relaxing waters to look over to be a double results effects.

Now the one with the fog in the woods,that my favorate as when hunting in that conditions,it takes the away of everyday stress!!!

No wonder I miss all the deer!!!! Tooooooooooooooo mellowed out!!!

Glad to see you both home safe and sound!!

Edmund

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Holy crap - we must have passed each other somewhere. I was on my FJR this past week with a friend and I'm sure we rode many of the same roads. But your pics are worlds better than mine!!!

By the way, it was 36 degrees for us as well when we left Robbinsville Friday morning.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts

Brrrrrrrrrrr! Nice shots....welcome home!

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Great pics Bill!

I love the BRP and can't wait to ride it again in the spring. I planned to ride it this fall again but I'm heading to NH and MA to visit my dad and family in Nov. on the wing. I bought Gerbing's for the trip and tested them this weekend, they work well but I can't stand all the wires and controller hanging off me so back they go and back I go to wearing layers and being cold riding in the 20s and 30s.

Steve

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
8)

Awesome pics ABB,
But y'all were just up the road from me and I didn't get a jingle or chirp (cell) what's up with that?? We could've found y'all some great local ribs plus have a "normal sized guy meet & greet" plus show the difference between us and our wives. :roll: :wink: :lol:
Now y'all have to cruise up to CatsCade next June at Meesh & Dawg's place for us to get together. :wink:
Glad y'all have a safe & fun trip. 8)

:flg:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Nice pics. Thanks for sharing. Rode the Cherohala Skyway west to east on Friday PM. It was 36 on top at 3:30. Chilly but the ride was great.

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,676 Posts
I especially like the Mabry Mill shot.

Thanks for posting, Bill.

Bob E.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Redneck Dave said:
Awesome pics ABB,
But y'all were just up the road from me and I didn't get a jingle or chirp (cell) what's up with that?? We could've found y'all some great local ribs plus have a "normal sized guy meet & greet" plus show the difference between us and our wives. :roll: :wink: :lol:
Now y'all have to cruise up to CatsCade next June at Meesh & Dawg's place for us to get together. :wink:
Glad y'all have a safe & fun trip. 8)
I used the links you sent me to track down a good "package" at Williamsburg (less than half of what I spent last time I went there). Thanks!
Would you have ridden up to Williamsburg for dinner? I should've hollered at you. I doubt that I could've gotten Mirtes on the bike to leave the historic area, even for ribs.
When we go there we get into the way-back machine. I was a history minor and really get into the 18th century.
Here's a shot of me in deep conversation with one of the actors:

Ellary from the board spotted my bike in the parking lot and left me note; he was there for a night with 3 of his buds. We had breakfast at the hotel and then they breezed off on their way back to IL (the long way).

Catscade is a possibility since I have so much family in that area. It's more likely that we'll head to Arizona or Montana in the spring though. The Canadian Rockies sound interesting too...

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
8)

Yea ABB,
I'd a hopped on the Wing for a cruise up there, it's not too far North!!! :wink:
Glad I assisted with ya savin' some $$$, I always enjoy bein' able to play "Julie the Cruise Director" without havin' folks come right down here in the way in Va Beach. :roll: :roll: :lol:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts