GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody riding this weekend?

I'm plan on heading to the Pig Trail in AR. First time there. Any suggestions for points of interest?

·
Registered
469 Posts
I sure wished I could tag along, but unfortunately I'll be workin' this weekend. You ain't gonna be able to do it all in one day, just way too many great roads to ride in the area, just pick one, any of them! A few of our favorites that my work buddies & I like to run are Hiways 7, 12, 16, 23 (AKA-The Pigtrail), and I don't have a map here with me, but I think there's a hiway 21 somewhere in the area too. Any of these are worth the trip, we often do day rides over there when we're off work. I don't really remember much as far as points of interest, but we've been to War Eagle Mills several times, Beaver suspension bridge, (was hard for us to find), Devils Den, there was some sort of civil war park somewhere, then I like going to Mt. Magazine, either on hiway 309 or 903, don't remember, down south of I-40. You'll love it over there, oughta consider makin' it several days! Have fun, I know I won't be!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yep. Gonna ride over to Las Cruces, NM, go south on Old Mesilla Hwy to Stauman's Pecan place, stop for a coffee or ice cream, then turn and ride north up the Old Mesilla Hwy to Hatch to see how the chilis are doing. Just a day jaunt to get out of the house and away from the Honey Do list, although I am taking the Honey Do list author with me.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Anybody riding this weekend?

I'm plan on heading to the Pig Trail in AR. First time there. Any suggestions for points of interest?
Don't know where you plan on starting or ending, but Eureka Springs is a nice place to go thru.

Very biker friendly.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Make sure you eat in Oark. It's at the end of hwy 215 if I remember. Oldest functioning general store in Ark and one of the best burgers to. Great food and ice cream. Plenty of bikes to. Ride safe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts