GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I have a small leak at the ADV on 2007 GL1800 29,000 miles. It is not coming from the fork seals as they are dry. It is a drop at the bottom of the left fork. I have attached pictures. I have speed bleeders and everything is tightened. Thanks

Picture 1 Dry left fork
Picture 2-3 ADV

I don't know how to rotate photos and forks are dirty but not oily :)

Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire Personal protective equipment Carbon
Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire Personal protective equipment Carbon Tire Bicycle tire Crankset Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Tire Bicycle tire Crankset Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire Personal protective equipment Carbon Tire Bicycle tire Crankset Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Are you asking a question?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I believe that replacing the ADV is the solution.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Yes, my lower anti-dive valve started leaking and I got a full rebuild kit from DHS (not in business any more) complete with seals for lower (fork oil tolerant) and upper (brake fluid tolerant). I was not sure if it was upper or lower leaking, but suspected lower. I did lower and monitored for leaks to not have any. I have not rebuilt the upper.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
How replacement o rings?

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
I have DHS's instructions scanned and can "PM" them if desired. Keep in mind that the person that "was" DHS Racing passed on and that source for the kit is gone and you will need to research what seals are needed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts