GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me where to find the actual weight of a champion kit and then maybe the total weight of the GL 1800 with Champion Kit installed.. I feel real techincal tonight.. Maybe I'm concerned about the weight after Thanksgiving Dinner. *M*

·
Registered
174 Posts
Just from purchasing the of both a 1800, and 1500 Champion trike kits, the total shipping weights was about 1,200 pounds, including the wooden crates, and such. Anyway, I remembered be told the kit itself comes in at about 350 pounds, on either gold wing. I believe a 1800, before being triked is around 800 pounds, and with removing, my guess, about 100 pounds ( bags, wheel, axle), would come in at about 1,050 pounds.

That being said, the total is of no real importance, but the final product. It is a dream to handle, and ride. We put some 12,000 miles on it this year, after triking, and loved every minutes of it, with no problems what so ever. As I have stated in older posts, the Champion kit is the best bang for the buck, with the kit PAINTED comes in at about $7,500. Even after paying for labor, total cost still comes in lower than 90% of other trike kits, and I believe anyhow, a far superior kit. To me paying upwards of $15,000, or even more for any kit is just plain crazy, and waste of money.

I'm not a sales person for Champion, just stating my personal experience.

Ride safe, when it warms up again.

·
Registered
139 Posts
GW2K
Your assessment of the trike kits is THE reason I/we choose the Champion kit. In addition it's a great looking kit on a GL1800 and the size of the trunk keeps the wife happy.
Mike
'02 big yellow trike.[/b]

G

·
I'll drink to the above comments. :lol:

I have never ridden any other trike kits, so you could say that ignorance is bliss, but my Champion meets every expectation I ever had about triking, and I couldn't be happier. My dealers installation was flawless, and the kit quality is superb.

And Thank God...the wife agrees!

Ride safe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts