GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking with a friend of mine and he was trying to show me how to change the welcome screen and goodbye screen to something other than the eagle. Now he knows how to do it with an older wing that has three buttons, however the 06 has four buttons and he couldn't figure it out.

My question is this......how (if possible) do I change the welcome to screen on an 06 wing from the eagle to something else? Is this possible with the new Wings?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,624 Posts
You can do it. I don't know how, offhand, but if you have an
owner's manual, it gives detailed instructions. I haven't tried
it. I guess I didn't think it was worth trouble. Good Luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
Dirago said:
I was talking with a friend of mine and he was trying to show me how to change the welcome screen and goodbye screen to something other than the eagle. Now he knows how to do it with an older wing that has three buttons, however the 06 has four buttons and he couldn't figure it out.

My question is this......how (if possible) do I change the welcome to screen on an 06 wing from the eagle to something else? Is this possible with the new Wings?
See pages 75,76 of the Navigation manual. You do have the Navi option right?



Setup/Info 75
press ENT. Screen 2 will reappear.
To return to the Setup/Info menu,
press BACK (or highlight Done
and press ENT).
The default for the opening/ending
ceremony is the Standard
ceremony – which shows the
Goldwing logo and then fades out.
The same logo appears as the
closing ceremony.
The opening ceremony includes the
Goldwing logo screen followed by
a screen that reads: Hello! followed
by the text you enter. The closing
ceremony will be See You!
followed by the text you enter.
To choose the customized
ceremony, highlight the Special box.
Press ENT.
The field turns blue. Highlight the
Detail field under the Special field.
Standard Ceremony
Special Ceremony
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Baron said:
Dirago said:
I was talking with a friend of mine and he was trying to show me how to change the welcome screen and goodbye screen to something other than the eagle. Now he knows how to do it with an older wing that has three buttons, however the 06 has four buttons and he couldn't figure it out.

My question is this......how (if possible) do I change the welcome to screen on an 06 wing from the eagle to something else? Is this possible with the new Wings?
See pages 75,76 of the Navigation manual. You do have the Navi option right?

No, I don't have the Navi option. The 06 Wing I purchased is the Premium Audio.



Setup/Info 75
press ENT. Screen 2 will reappear.
To return to the Setup/Info menu,
press BACK (or highlight Done
and press ENT).
The default for the opening/ending
ceremony is the Standard
ceremony – which shows the
Goldwing logo and then fades out.
The same logo appears as the
closing ceremony.
The opening ceremony includes the
Goldwing logo screen followed by
a screen that reads: Hello! followed
by the text you enter. The closing
ceremony will be See You!
followed by the text you enter.
To choose the customized
ceremony, highlight the Special box.
Press ENT.
The field turns blue. Highlight the
Detail field under the Special field.
Standard Ceremony
Special Ceremony
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
Opening Ceremony

OK...well then see pages 30 and 31 of the owners manual :D

Multi Information Display
The opening/ending ceremony can be turned off.
Push the DIM button to show the OPENING/ENDING CEREMONY display.
Push the TRIP or INFO button to switch ON/OFF.
Push the SETUP button to fix the setting.
Push the SETUP button to show the CLOCK ADJUST display.
When approximately 5 seconds pass without operating a button on the
OPENING/ENDING CEREMONY display, the display automatically returns to
the previous display.
ceremony display ON
ceremony display OFF


Special Message for Opening/Ending Ceremony

(Models not equipped with Navigation System)
INFO button TRIP button
TRIP button
SETUP button
SETUP button
25
Special Message for Opening/Ending Ceremony
Instruments & Controls
Multi Information Display
Push and hold the TRIP button. Push and hold the INFO button. Then push
the SETUP button.
Select ‘‘ON’’ on the OPENING/ENDING CEREMONY display (page ).
Use the TRIP button to select the ‘‘SPL’’ function.
The display should now show ‘‘SPECIAL!’’ in the middle line.
The display should now show ‘‘STANDARD’’ in the middle line.
Push the SETUP button to select the ‘‘YES’’ function.
Push the SETUP button to select the ‘‘SET’’ function.
The display should now show ‘‘CHANGE OK?’’ in the middle line.
(cont’d)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
Dirago said:
I was talking with a friend of mine and he was trying to show me how to change the welcome screen and goodbye screen to something other than the eagle. Now he knows how to do it with an older wing that has three buttons, however the 06 has four buttons and he couldn't figure it out.

My question is this......how (if possible) do I change the welcome to screen on an 06 wing from the eagle to something else? Is this possible with the new Wings?
If you need hard copy or data faxed...let me know..as the diagrams do not copy very well using the clipboard. Happy to help.

See ya
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ummmmm, ok that's a mouth full. Got it and will give it a try in the am. Thanks for all your help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
Ceremony

Let me know if you need hard copy of the directions...happy to fax or email them to you.

Cheers,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Ceremony

Baron said:
Let me know if you need hard copy of the directions...happy to fax or email them to you.

Cheers,
Thanks, I found them in my manaul just a few pages down from where you said to look (25 and 26). Will give it a go in the am, if I have any questions again, I know where to go.

Thanks for all the help.. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
Re: Ceremony

Dirago said:
Baron said:
Let me know if you need hard copy of the directions...happy to fax or email them to you.

Cheers,
Thanks, I found them in my manaul just a few pages down from where you said to look (25 and 26). Will give it a go in the am, if I have any questions again, I know where to go.

Thanks for all the help.. :)
:D

Your welcome!!!!
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top