GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome To Me!! Finally made the switch. Took a hell of a time to mount this 205 on this five or six inch rim. Cussin, kicking and screaming. I finally got it. Went around the block and first impression is it wants to stand up. Cornering is gonna take some getting use to. I'm going on a 1800 mile trip next week and will have a better ride report for you guys. Where are the Cookies, stickers and numbers i hear so much about?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Welcome,

If we told you we would have to ride with you on the darkside. :)

:congrats:

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Congrats on the new tire! Looks good. After a few rides, you will forget it's back there.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
:congrats: and welcome to the Darkside! If you want Darksider cookies, you need give Rail32 a holler and make a trip to Wisconsin.
Murgie takes care of the nunbers

Tj Ranch for a sticker

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ouch. Thats a long ride from Texas.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Keep a close eye on it the first few hundred miles if you had difficulty getting it mounted. The first one I had put on the shop mounting it had messed the bead up and after about 400 miles it went flat on me. After discussions here we came to the conclusion that I may have ridden on it flat for a many miles the day it went flat without knowing it. It was a spooky half mile when I realized it was loosing air and then the bead broke from the rim while riding it. The shop got another tire and mounted it and no problems since the second mount. I also got a TPMS after the incident. Good luck and I do love my CT.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
:congrats: and Welcome to the DARKSIDE....... :flg:
PM sent...

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
that sure is a purty tire! I am assuming a Goodyear TT? is it the 55 or 60 series? I can hardly wait to wear out this current tire so I can get another TT. They are the best! You will get really used to it really soon. You don't say what you are running for pressure, but that tire runs on my bike really nicely at about 32psi. Welcome to you!

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Ouch. Thats a long ride from Texas.
:congrats: and welcome . Keep fingers crossed ,there might be a chance of me riding down by you at end of August. :shrug: with all the Texan Darksiders I may have o rent trailer from fellow rider to haul 2.3 metric tons of cookies :lol:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Keep a close eye on it the first few hundred miles if you had difficulty getting it mounted. The first one I had put on the shop mounting it had messed the bead up and after about 400 miles it went flat on me. After discussions here we came to the conclusion that I may have ridden on it flat for a many miles the day it went flat without knowing it. It was a spooky half mile when I realized it was loosing air and then the bead broke from the rim while riding it. The shop got another tire and mounted it and no problems since the second mount. I also got a TPMS after the incident. Good luck and I do love my CT.
Bead is good. just very stiff sidewalls.

that sure is a purty tire! I am assuming a Goodyear TT? is it the 55 or 60 series? I can hardly wait to wear out this current tire so I can get another TT. They are the best! You will get really used to it really soon. You don't say what you are running for pressure, but that tire runs on my bike really nicely at about 32psi. Welcome to you!
It is a TT 60 series. I have tried 38 and 40 pounds. I seem to like the 40 psi more. I will know more in a couple days. I've only put 60 miles on so far.

:congrats: and welcome . Keep fingers crossed ,there might be a chance of me riding down by you at end of August. :shrug: with all the Texan Darksiders I may have o rent trailer from fellow rider to haul 2.3 metric tons of cookies :lol:
Sounds like a good plan.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts