GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my notice about the Fram Welding recall, and am not a happy camper. I feel this is a serious problem both for the possible harm to the ridder phisically, and monitarilly. This is a Honda problem. I feel I should recieve a voucher from Honda stating a fair market valve to my bike and allow me to trade it in on another bike. Then Honda and their Dealer can deal with "Their" problem. I own a 2003 model and feel Honda has put me at risk enough!.
Any thoughts or class action?

Chuck Mattingly
"OlPlayer"
[email protected]
[email protected]
615-585-1142

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
You must be fairily new to this forum, and if so welcome aboard. I feel your pain, but this is the wrong place to come to try to stir up trouble. The frame recall and what to do about it has been the topic of heated debate around here for months.

Most of us seem to feel that the 1800 Goldwing is the best touring bike on the road, recalls notwithstanding, and are satisfied, so far, that Honda is doing the best it can to resolve this issue, and keep the 1800 safe to ride. I just had the recall done on my '03 1800.

This board is sponsored by a Honda dealer, so allowing discussion of such actions is something of a conflict of interest for him. If your interested in such a move, do an internet search and find people who are like minded. Before you do, though, I would encourage you to look into all the information that is available on this subject, and take some time to educate yourself on the recall. Ask around, there are links with details on what the recall is all about, and even photos of the process.

Best of luck, whatever you do, and whatever you decide.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
The only winners in Class Action lawsuits are the lawyers, it is something to be avoided, and if you are worried about the future value of your bike, be assured that a Class Action would be the worst thing you could do to damage that value.

I believe the management of the board wants frame posts on the "Off Topic Board" since this subject has been beaten to death on this and other message boards.

·
Registered
115 Posts
My wife had her frame re-welded a couple of weeks ago (mine isn't in the recall VIN range), no big deal. Our local dealer even washed and waxed it before returning it to her. :D

I'd recommend that you just get it done, and continue enjoying a really great motorcycle. :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Had The Frame Rewelded

I just picked my bike up from the shop yesterday. I was worried to death that something bad would happen to my ride, but it came back spotless. I looked under neath at the welds and could not tell anything had been done except that the welds were a little thicker. Get the recall done and enjoy riding the most wonderful machine in the world.
That is my advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts