GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any one tell me if the late 2003 bikes received by the dealers. Some do not show a recall when entered in to the computer, is this because they were fixed at the factory or they never were recall bikes

Mitch

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
not all 2003 were recalled....there was a vin range. My 2003 was not within that range.

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Mitch said:
Can any one tell me if the late 2003 bikes received by the dealers. Some do not show a recall when entered in to the computer, is this because they were fixed at the factory or they never were recall bikes

Mitch
Only the 2003's with serial numbers ending in 200001 through 201126 (for ABS models) and from 200001 thorugh 204860 (for non-abs) were recalled.

The units built after these are in the clear. The later 2003 units weren't recalled. Honda had already corrected their welding process.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just love the yellow bike and was deciding on getting it. I just would feel better if it was not a recall bike. I just do not care for any of the 2004 colors. :lol:

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Javern said:
I saw a new Yellow 2003 on Ebay, you could contact that dealer and get the vin info

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...gory=50002&item=2468346553&sspagename=rvi:1:3
I wonder if this one is an earlier '03 that has been rewelded... and never sold...?

Can't say anything good about this dealer. They just "didn't have the time" to help a friend on a GL1500 who needed a new rear tire because of a nasty puncture... when we were hundreds of miles from home. They were just too busy to help us out.

Eventually, we found a motorcycle dealer across town who had the right size tire on hand, and could find the time to help.

I see that they haven't taken care of some of their customers on eBay either.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
......I see that they haven't taken care of some of their customers on eBay either......
I see they have a few negative feedbacks, looks mostly like communication things. One negative feedback was {hat leider nicht geklappt} wonder what the heck that means??? :?:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Javern said:
......I see that they haven't taken care of some of their customers on eBay either......
I see they have a few negative feedbacks, looks mostly like communication things. One negative feedback was {hat leider nicht geklappt} wonder what the heck that means??? :?:
That translates to "unfortunately did not fold". He probably didn't by a Goldwing with that comment.

Sprechen Sie Deutsch?

·
Registered
376 Posts
That translates to "unfortunately did not fold".
You don't suppose it cracked when he tried to fold it, do you? :a13:

markie

·
Registered
762 Posts
Javern

Hat leider nicht geklappt, (german) means regretable did not work out :twisted:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Re: Javern

Manfred Schlenkrich said: