GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say so-long for a week or so. Our son is graduating from basic training at Ft. Benning GA. on the 30th, so Sunday morning Susan and I are headed out for Columbus GA. We should arrive on the 27th.

We'll take I-10 through El Paso, then catch I-20 into Alabama, and U.S. 80 into Columbus. After graduation on the 30th, we'll drive our boy to the airport in Atlanta to catch his plane to Ft. Irwin CA. We'll head home the moring of the 31st. We're thinking about dropping down and taking I-10 all the way back.

If you see a gold colored 2003 Lincoln Town Car with AZ plates and XM antenna over the rear window, give us a wave, or thumbs up, or something.

I'll be on and off the board breifly over the next couple days. See ya when we get home. :D

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
Hope the trip goes well.....

that is close to Alabama. Got a hitch on the town car?

:lol:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Jim,

Enjoy your trip and especially the reunion with your son. It is going to be a great time for the Dad and a hard time for the Mom.

Funny how Dads are proud of their son in the Military and Moms feel like they are loosing their son.

He is going to be fine.

Bulldog

·
Registered
21,133 Posts
Have a good safe trip Jim. We will miss your good postings. Bulldog might have 1000 posts before you get home.

G

·
Military Duty

Jim thank your son from us for his service in the military and helping to keep us save. :flg: :yw1:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Jim, you and your better half be safe. Tell your son we appreciate what he's doing.

I'll be on and off the board breifly over the next couple days. See ya when we get home. :D[/quote]

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Re: Military Duty

Gunnar said:
Jim thank your son from us for his service in the military and helping to keep us save. :flg:
Yes, please thank him for all of us.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Give your son a hug from all of us. You may have to give your wife one too when the soldier heads off to Ft.Irwin. :unclesmile: :flg:

·
Registered
53 Posts
BASIC TRAINING

MAY THE BLESSINGS OF GOD BE WITH YOUR SON DURING HIS TIME OF SERVICE TO THIS COUNTRY.

HAVE A SAVE TRIP, AND WATCH AS THE "BOY" WHO ENTERED THE SERVICE BECOMES A MAN IN THE MILITARY.

Mark

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you all very much. I'll make sure Trevor recieves your thanks and well wishes.

What a great bunch of folks we have in our little family we call gl1800riders.com :flg:

:capwin:

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Hope y'all had a good trip!

I remember when my dad came down to Lackland AFB for my graduation from the AF Security Police Academy. Was glad he came.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts