GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was running some wires for the led lights I am putting around the trike and noticed oil has been leaking from the left seal on the rear end. I really didn't expect that this early, only about 2K road time since it was converted. By Roadsmiths web site Edge custom cycles in Morristown is the closest dealer to me. I guess I'll have to make some calls Monday. :shock:

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hopefully it's just over full....

·
Registered
2,032 Posts

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I hope that's all it is with only a few miles on it.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope so too but I would think that would have showed up already and isn't there a vent line off of the rear end

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Contacted Roadsmith today and they were very prompt to get me set up with a shop and have the parts for the suspected problem on their way. It was nice to not have to go through any hassles ( or at least at this point ) to get this resolved.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are sending the left side seal, o-ring and clip for the rear end. That is were the oil is coming from, surprised I never smelt it since it had dripped over the exhaust. The shop doing the work said it shouldn't take him over 1.5 hrs to do the job.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I'm glad the problem was found and corrected.
Sure was great service from Roadsmith.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Great news:))

Thx for the quick reply..AND..apparent FIX:))) Sounds fairly simple. Seals do cause oil leaks, but with only 4K miles..kinda of scary. Keep us posted. Roadsmith has done you good:))))

1 - 10 of 10 Posts