GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local dealer quoted me 2 trikes today. a leftover 2010 Yellow and a new 2012 Blue. There was only a couple thousand difference, but the 2012 had Nav/audio.

I chose the 2010 Yellow because I currently have a yellow Champion trike and I can keep " anything that won't leave a hole." I figure that will save me a few grand.

I have never be unhappy about any aspect of my Champion (which I built), and I know there is a lot of CSC's out there with no complaints. I'll'
be moving to IRS from solid axle and I'm sure there will be some better ride in that, But, I'm curious. How many of you CSC owners opted for the $495 "fully adjustable shock"? That and the Aux Tank are the only 2 things I didn't chose.

Is the "fully Adjustable shock" a good thing, or just a trinket?

I am surprised that I got every dollar I had in my trike for trade in. Except for gasolene, tires and maintenance, I rode that baby 10 years and 95,000 miles for free. I can only hope that the CSC will be as good as my old Champ.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I just replaced my CSC rear shock. Adjusted the spring to 10 1/4" insted of the 10 5/8" set at the factory. That takes the shock to it's max load rating. This is the standard shock mind you. Rode it today with preload at 0. Was great. I don't have the adjustable shock. What the adjustable shock does is change the compression and rebound (stiffens it up when you want). You still have the stock preload adjuster with either shock. I personally with my limited skills could not see having this addition. BUT!!! The aux tank is a true blessing. In my personal opinion, I would take the aux tank over the fully adjustable shock. JMHO

·
Registered
502 Posts
Good Luck

Good luck on your new bike I am sure you will like it as well as our friend likes his. Have fun and be safe on it.

Sonney

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
The optional adjustable shock is suggested if you ride 2 up. I have it and adjust it when riding the twisties to riding the interstates. The aux tank? Wouldn't be with out it! I gas up when I want to. No need to worry where the next station is. Having 10 gallons of gas is nice. Tom :biker:

·
Registered
572 Posts
I can't speak to the adjustable shock option. Neither my original Champion or my current Hannigan had/have one. I do agree with Tango about the aux. fuel tank. It eliminates one potential concern when riding around the country.
Let's hear it for Pearl Yellow trikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mike

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Sonney.........

I just wondered if you have adjusted to retirement yet.

Nancy still gets up @ 5 am and fixes your breakfast ?

Remember....If you sit there long enough...your wife will get up and pay the bill.......you just have to outwait her.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have the adjustable shock and aux fuel tank. Both are worth the money to me. You can adjust the shock on the fly to the road and driving conditions and how aggressive you want to be. The advantage of the aux tank is obvious, 6 gallons or 10.

02 Silver w/2010 CSC Cobra with all the fixin's. Life is good.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
For the way I ride, the adjustable shock was a big waist of $. Can not tell a big difference it ride quality.

Do recommend the power track (ezsteer), aux fuel tank, trailer hitch and the parking brake.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts