GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wife got sick of me complaining I was sick she kicked me out of the house,lol

the weather was great,68 degrees,sunny,and roads in great shape!!!

I really did not go to ride because of being a bit sick so I cruised thru to see who was about

killboy was there and it has been to long since ive just sat and talked so I stopped by,we chatted about riding,drone quad choppers for videoing,cars and lots more,it was real nice catching up with an old friend!!!

sitting there watching cars,bikes and all kinds of stuff go by is very interesting to say the least!!

only ran thru one tank of gas but it was a day I will remember for awhile!!!!

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Once in awhile, it is nice to see life from a different point of view.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Once in awhile, it is nice to see life from a different point of view.
funny to watch folks crossing the center line,see the photo guy and then stay in their lane till they are out of sight again,lol

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Dragon

First I hope your wife allows you back in the house. Second I hope you are feeling better. I'm sure just getting on your bike on a beautiful day will go a long way to making you feel better. Good luck. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I have to ask, how many miles to a tank? I know your tire mileage is extreme and am curious.
I got 200 miles out of that tank,but to be fair it was an easy tank,just riding at the gap I get 110 miles to a tank,lol

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice shot from my friend from 129slayer photos

·
IronMan
17,469 Posts
How them heli bars doing ? I get no pain with stock with risers . 800 little to much rite now !

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How them heli bars doing ? I get no pain with stock with risers . 800 little to much rite now !
they are great,ive been on 2 rides and not moved them,think I got them right where I want them,whew,lol

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
So how does the position you have them in now differ from the postiton of the stock bars?

Can you notice any difference in the flex?

Was most of the flex we have been blaming on the suspension in the stock bars all along?

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
wife got sick of me complaining I was sick she kicked me out of the house,lol

the weather was great,68 degrees,sunny,and roads in great shape!!!

I really did not go to ride because of being a bit sick so I cruised thru to see who was about

killboy was there and it has been to long since ive just sat and talked so I stopped by,we chatted about riding,drone quad choppers for videoing,cars and lots more,it was real nice catching up with an old friend!!!

sitting there watching cars,bikes and all kinds of stuff go by is very interesting to say the least!!

only ran thru one tank of gas but it was a day I will remember for awhile!!!!

Hey, there's no one riding that bike. All I see from the picture is and arm and a leg. Did the Heli Bars cost you an arm and a leg? :joke:

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Hey, there's no one riding that bike. All I see from the picture is and arm and a leg. Did the Heli Bars cost you an arm and a leg? :joke:
He even trains his water bottle to lean the right way..........check out the right rear passenger grab handle...LOL

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So how does the position you have them in now differ from the postiton of the stock bars?

much like big dirt bike bars now,flatter and wider

Can you notice any difference in the flex?

lot less flex.,more direct feel to the ft tire if that makes se

Was most of the flex we have been blaming on the suspension in the stock bars all along?
no,i would say imho its like 65% forks and 35% bars,,,,this is just a wild guess

1 - 13 of 13 Posts