GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was 16°F on the way to work yesterday. Today it warmed up considerably to 20°F. Despite the temps it has been beautiful weather. It was no surprise to me that mine was the only bike at work. Fair weather wimps!:p

Wednesday was bad though. On the way home it was 40°F with 60-70MPH gusting winds. Give me 16° and calm over 40° and high cross winds anyday.

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Yeah it was cold here today... 55 degrees... and tomorrow is suppose to be just a little warmer... but do not fret.... tuesday is suppose to be
73 degrees and sunny... YEAHHH !

gosh I love the south... :p

cosmic

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Geez, you mean it was warmer here in IL than in CA? It was around 28*, warming up to low 30's today. It took a few hours to clear the driveway this morning. :evil:

·
Registered
143 Posts
cold and snow

I take it Spring Valley was right in the heart of the storm. Over here on the Mississippi we only had 7 1/2 inches this morning. Looks like you had a foot or better. Looks like the cold is going to settle in for a while. Hope that they get I 80 cleared between here and there. Tom

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Re: cold and snow

tom smith said:
I take it Spring Valley was right in the heart of the storm. Over here on the Mississippi we only had 7 1/2 inches this morning. Looks like you had a foot or better. Looks like the cold is going to settle in for a while. Hope that they get I 80 cleared between here and there. Tom
I think the average was around 12". The way my house is situated, the wind swirls around from the left (west) and right up the driveway. The drift behind the van was up to the license plate. The same thing happens in the fall with the leaves.

Wonder why the pic doesn't show up in Firefox, but does in IE?

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: cold and snow

Lucky Phil said:
Wonder why the pic doesn't show up in Firefox, but does in IE?
It shows up for me and all I use is FireFox.

At least when it's cold here I don't have to shovel anything. :wink: This is as bad as I've ever seen it here:(much nicer than Cleveland where I grew up)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hey rastoff, i feel ya brother, i live up the road in lancaster and have been riding the last week too, man their is nothing like a 16 degree morning with a 25mph wind its a little tough. but thats life in the A.V.
Just a few short months ago it was 107, i think i'll take the cold. lets ride sometime. email me if you ever want to santa barbara for lunch, now east coast boys thats CALIFORNIA. see ya Kevin
[email protected]

·
Registered
43 Posts
Rastoff - Surely it wastn't snowing north of the valley? I think we hit 33 in the south end of the lower left coast; still warm on the sun side and cool on the shade side.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
frostkerry said:
Rastoff - Surely it wastn't snowing north of the valley? I think we hit 33 in the south end of the lower left coast; still warm on the sun side and cool on the shade side.
No, that pic is from 2 Christmas's ago. I just wanted to show what a snow storm looked like in the High Desert!

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
KEVBRU said:
Hey rastoff, i feel ya brother, i live up the road in lancaster and have been riding the last week too, man their is nothing like a 16 degree morning with a 25mph wind its a little tough. but thats life in the A.V.
Just a few short months ago it was 107, i think i'll take the cold. lets ride sometime. email me if you ever want to santa barbara for lunch, now east coast boys thats CALIFORNIA. see ya Kevin
[email protected]
That would be a nice ride. Hmmm...down the 14 to the 126 and over to the PCH. Or even, out Ave D, up to 166, over to 33 and South to Santa Barbra. Maybe even a loop. Hmmm...yes, we will have to schedule some time.

If nothing else, we can hang out at Crazy Otto's and have some chow. 8)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Godde hill to bouquet canyon to 126 to 1. back, 1 to 33 throught ojai to frazier park and the 5 to ave d. great loop. email me sometime and we'll set up a date. and yes crazy ottos is allways a great way to go as well. see ya kevin

·
Registered
213 Posts
The therometer at the house and the one in the impala showed -27C
when I went for coffee at 0700hrs this morning.
I don't have the gonads to ride in that. :lol: :lol:

Mac

·
Registered
598 Posts
Warmed up here yesterday - now I know where the cold air went. :lol:
Finally got above 0F - for the first time in several weeks. But snowed too, and the cages make riding in that stuff a little risky. But tomorrow looks to be much better - if the bike starts. It's -15F right now, and dropping.
This photo was taken about a month ago. The bike started at -23F that morning, and it was still -22F when I took off for the 60 mile ride to where we shot some photos -

If you look closely, you'll notice that the front fender is missing from the Wing. The 120/80-18 Avon Gripster (studded) is just barely too big and the studs started cutting grooves in the fender, so off it came.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Rastoff said:
It was 16°F on the way to work yesterday.
And you rode the Wing to work? Awsome!

Let us just say, I have never had the oppurtunity to drive a motorcycle
to work with the temperature that low. Maybe I shouldn't wish for that. :lol:

I frequently ride 34º and above, but it just doesn't get colder then that
here where I live. If it did, maybe I would look into heated clothing.

Herb

1 - 14 of 14 Posts