GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it wasn’t a perfect day’s ride today???

I’ll start with what were the good parts about my ride today…

I wanted to make it a 400 miles ride with some twisties in it…

[FONT=&quot]Starting temperature was 63 Yummy!!![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Highest temperature was 81 and that was in a couple of the towns I went through…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Most of my day was around 77 sunny with some puffy clouds… More Yummy!!![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Slab riding less than 10 miles…[/FONT]

I know some or most of these route numbers won’t mean anything to most if not just about all of you, but those that have been on these roads know just what I’m talking about…

Going North on US-119 out of Charleston to,

US-33 West to,

US-21 south to,

SR-34 southwest to,

SR-62 southeast to,

CR-3 south to,

SR-214 south to,

SR-3 south to,

SR-85 southeast to,

[FONT=&quot]SR-17 south to where Pigeon Roost calls home to eat a bite or two, rally it was three, and back up 17 again, no I didn’t stop at his house to eat but near it…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]PR you got one of the best play grounds in 17, I had all but forgotten about it, I used to play on it back in the seventies, WOW, I do love it… [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In saying that why would you or anyone near you ever go all the way to the dragon when you have 17 in your back yard???[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Ole well back to the not so perfect ride…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]After riding 17 back north to SR-85 southeast and getting back on it and riding it to,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]SR-99, again I can’t say enough about 17, 85 & 99 these are premium roads to ride, if you come to southern West Virginia and don’t ride these roads, shame on you…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] These three route are about 125 of just about all the best twisties you’ll want to ride on, if you do nothing else please try and plan a trip the ride these roads sometime before you can’t ride any more, as of right now there not infested with bikes or cars yet, a few coal trucks but I didn’t see but three…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]OK back to the not so perfect ride again…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]After riding SR-99 east to SR-3, (another part of the same 3 I was on earlier, and yes, all of SR-3 is a must ride road also)… I took it up to,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]SR-41 north to, [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]US-60 west and back to Charleston…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Now the bad part about my ride…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Wile on SR-3 for the second time today a flat bed semi truck came over a hill and around a curve and a 4”X4” by about 18” long piece on wood came off of his trailer about 40 yards in front of me, now I want to tell you that I’m not all that good at throwing a 950+ bike around but when I saw this chunk of wood bouncing up and down on the road and coming in my direction, I really thought I could pick my little girl up and protect her in some way, well she and I were all over that road, left, right, left again on the throttle and on the breaks and back on the throttle again until that bouncing hunk of destruction went by me or I went by it and my front tire only missed it by three inches (do you know how small our windshield look when something big and heavy is coming right at you and that’s all you have to hide behind???) And I was leaning as if I were going around a very sharp curve, and yes I was not only dragging my peg but my boot was dragging darn heard also, when the wood came off the pavement beside if me it went right into the air again and directly into the guys hood and windshield behind me…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Ole he was more than mad... [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]He said he saw it bouncing all over the road and me going every where back and forth trying to make sure when it and me came together I wouldn’t hit it but he still kinda though I should have hit it instead of him…[/FONT]

I assured him that I wrecked and totaled my bike four times before that hunk of wood went by me…

He thought I was serious and went over and look my bike over real good and said it doesn’t look hurt anywhere…

I didn’t have the heart to tell him I always kid around all the time.. I’d probably got shot if I did..

[FONT=&quot]Ole yeah the second bad part about today's ride it wasn’t a 400 mile ride as I wanted it to be, turned out to be 402 miles… Grrrr [/FONT]

I really hate it when a good plan falls through like that… Grrrrr

PR, I can’t say enough about your playground down there!!! :thumbup: :bow: :thumbup: :bow:

First class!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I’ll Be Back!!!

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
dam that's all you did today hell I put plants away,camper in garage bike in garage mustang in garage new cargo trailer chain under deck just in case wind gets to be ove 100 mph so I dont have to get it down from tree. Cut down 3 trees that where dead in back yard tie down grill so I can cook when power goes off. start up generator just in case we do lose electric and pay 20 cent more per gallon of gas cause they jack the price cause of this storm. but I'm glad that you enjoyed your day and didn't get hurt :thumbup: would of hate to eat your share of brownies:thumbup: later buddy

·
Registered
993 Posts
And you wonder why we didn't tell you about the Triple Nickle ride last week...
Didn't need your magnetism attracting all the riff-raff!!:joke:

JK. Really glad your superior riding skills kicked in and you didn't get kicked by the 4X4. It could have been nasty!!! Stay safe...:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Sounds like you preformed the "Classic Squirrel Maneuver" perfectly.

Good job,:thumbup:

Maybe we should rename you ,"The WV Squirrel".;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts