GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 08 Cabernet level 3 will be history in about a week...... The new 2014 "Go" is on it's way...... Another level 3 with a custom paint job..... The picture is a similar one....The current bike will be traded.... However, if anyone wants it ... it's available for about a week.... It has just under 58K ... good reliable bike.... F4 +4 windshield. Luggage rack... Spoiler... Saddle bag and top box clear marker lighting... Driving lites... CB antenna ..no cb... saddlebag and top box liners...Belly Pan...Reg Risers.. Has fresh rubber with the Darkside on the rear.... but will be changed out for the trade in... unless someone wants it ... I'll take $13500.. .... Cheers....

Current Bike...The pics show several items which have been removed and are not included in the sale... See the list above....

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Sweet , love it :thumbup:

·
Registered
139 Posts
I love that bike and the color combination. My I ask you what a new bike like that would cost. I think you said it is a level 3.
Jeff

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love that bike and the color combination. My I ask you what a new bike like that would cost. I think you said it is a level 3.
Jeff
Its msrp is around $30500

·
Registered
225 Posts
Larry, with your money you can afford a new one:lol:

·
Registered
874 Posts
So what does "GO' stand for/mean ?
Congrats on the new ride...hopefully there will come a day when I could afford a new one... :tongue:

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
New Go

Congrats on a sweet new ride. The road is just waiting for you. Good luck. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Enough of the talking.... Last Thursday my Buddy and I left the house in the wee hours enroute to the Honda dealer in Russellville Arkansas.... Dropped off the old Wing and picked up the new bike fresh out of the box.... Pretty excited.......From my initial contact it took about a month before I decided to pull the trigger and go for it... Cant' say enough about Wes at the Honda dealer..... No high pressure tactics.. He gave me the numbers including a 22% discount on accessories on the purchase day...Thats a big store... They sell a ton of bikes.... No one in my neck of the woods was interested in offering competitive bids.... I trailered the bike home which is a rarity for me.... I generally ride everywhere. however, with the threat of rain and wanting to take good care of the trade in that's what we did....

Last Friday night we went on a dinner ride... It was a surprise to folks when I told the I had the grand total of 7 miles on the bike.... I now have a massive 168 miles on it now... whew... Now the big job of putting all my junk on the new bike....There are some things which don't have to go back on... Don't need the relay which keeps the driving lights on with the hi beams..I really think Honda does read these forums .. mabee they wont admit it but I'm seeing things which have been complained about for years which have been taken care of... Another one is the cruise control it has no lag..It just kicks in just like my BMW auto... Its right there... Also the seat is much improved and feels more like a sofa than a saddle seat...I don't think I will have to do any mods on that.... Things come apart a lot easier....like the side trim and pockets.... Also there is more room under the left side pocket for my stuff.. . Im sure I will find more things to mention as time goes on....

I do have to get use to putting the side battery panel back in place... Have to hold my mouth right while I get the hang of it.....

Anyway its pretty exciting and I'm sure my bank is happy too....... Cheers....
:doorag: . ...

·
Registered
874 Posts
But you still didn't explain what a "go" is!

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 18 of 18 Posts