GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I bought my baby (06 titanium wing) a 24 x36 fully insulated,heated 2 stall garage. Now she won't have to spend the PMS season in a cold damp Morton building,living with farm equipment on the farm. Now her spot will be warm and dry and I can polish and add extras to her, that is if I have been a good boy and Santa was watching. Oh yah a house came with it I think, but you would have to check with the SO on that. Looks like I will be busy painting and getting the things the way I want them for a while this winter. Should make the winter pass by quickly.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Cockleburr said:
Today I bought my baby (06 titanium wing) a 24 x36 fully insulated,heated 2 stall garage. Now she won't have to spend the PMS season in a cold damp Morton building,living with farm equipment on the farm. Now her spot will be warm and dry and I can polish and add extras to her, that is if I have been a good boy and Santa was watching. Oh yah a house came with it I think, but you would have to check with the SO on that. Looks like I will be busy painting and getting the things the way I want them for a while this winter. Should make the winter pass by quickly.
Geez... with a 24x36 garage, you can spend the winter practicing your low speed turns inside. :lol:

Congrats.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Well that sounds familiar, I got a permit for my garage on Thursday and its 24x36 also. Mine wont be finished in time for winter but I did drop 23 trees in the past 3 days ( By myself ) I will have the stumps removed in about a month and start my foundation.

Congratulations on yours....................

N Ga Rider

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Thats the same as my garage, and I will never build another that small again. It sure seemed big on paper, but after I got my toys put away I can hardly walk threw.I built 4 bedrooms 3 and half bath, 4 car garage. Next time it will be 8 car with attached 1 bedroom and bath. And a kitchen for my wife. :)

·
Registered
828 Posts
WOW......8 car garage.............mine will have to do. My only toys are my Wing, 16 foot aluminum boat and a future project car.

Oh and my house has a garage attached to it thats 24x22, my new one is seperate from the house..........

N Ga Rider

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kurt said:
Mine is stuck in a 30X40 shop for the winter, most of the time on the lift unless I need to work on a ATV or something else on the lift.

Like the lift I think that will be my next investment once I get the shop squared away. Room won't be a problem as I have 3 big sheds out on the farms for the rest of the toys.

·
Registered
657 Posts
My Wing's home

Before I went over to Afghanistan I bought a 12' X 24' aluminum building to store my Wing in along with all my tools a weight bench and Wing related fluids, filters, etc.... I had double doors installed on the front and the back so that I could ride in/ride out.
Dennis

·
Registered
828 Posts
Kurt thats interesting ceilng in your garage, I assume its metal roof panels. Do you like it better than sheetrock?

Thanks

N Ga Rider

·
Registered
347 Posts
Greetings,

My rule on workshops has been modified. Design it, plan it, look over the plans and then double the size and you will still run out of room.

Experience speaks!

·
Registered
828 Posts
I wish I could double the size of mine, maybe we can all chip in and rent an abandoned grocery store somewhere

N Ga Rider

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
garage

I recently purchased a home out in the country backed up to a horse farm.
We loved the home, but it had a tiny 2 car garage. I just finished with my 50 x 32 garage, will hold 5-7 vehicles depending on how you park them.
You can never have too much garage space imho.
:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts