GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my local Honda dealer today and asked if Yellow was available in 2008 or 2009 models. He told me that color was discontinued, anyone know if this is true?

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Mdwannabe,

Call Honda and ask for a list of untitled 2009 Yellow GL1800s in your state, they will fax you a list. This is how I found my white 06.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Mdwannabe,

Call Honda and ask for a list of untitled 2009 Yellow GL1800s in your state, they will fax you a list. This is how I found my white 06.
You found your White Wing asking for a list of Yellows? How the heck did you do that?:shrug:

:joke::joke:

·
Registered
541 Posts
I wanted a yellow 09 and couldn't get one either. I ended up buying a Titanium instead.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yellow Wing In Pa

There is a Yellow gold wing in Kittaning Pa. It one of three in the State and this is a good Dealer to deal with.
Bob;)

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Just so you know, if your dealer doesn't have it on their lot then as far as they are concerned the bike isn't available because the word is Honda has no more 2009's in the warehouse.

Now, them not being willing to perform a search is just bad business.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Be prepared to pay a premium price as these dealers know that their aren't many left and you can't order an '09 from Honda anymore. :cry:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Pearl Yellow

I know there is a new 09 Pearl Yellow at Midwest Honda, Sioux City,
Iowa....

·
Registered
541 Posts
In my case, I wanted an 09 with airbag and my dealer found 3 available in January. All three of those dealers said they had deposits on them and wouldn't let them go. I even did an exhaustive internet search and called some of the dealers that had them listed online. They either didn't have the airbag model or had a pending sale. It was really frustrating. I really like the Titanium color now that I've put a few thousand miles on it.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Be prepared to pay a premium price as these dealers know that their aren't many left and you can't order an '09 from Honda anymore. :cry:
This is true. My friend wanted yellow and could only find one in the area. He had to pay list price. He could have gotten any other color at a discount. The dealer told him that yellow was the most popular color.

·
Registered
93 Posts
There are several for sale on ebay
http://motors.shop.ebay.com/items/M...&_fspt=0&_flso=0&Make=Honda&Model=Gold%20Wing

When I went through the buying ordeal three weeks ago I used ebay extensively to not only find bikes but also to establish pricing. I called Honda NA several times as well. Honda NA was very helpful in locating specific models. They will search a four or five state area and give you the dealer names and phone numbers who have the bike you want. In some cases the dealers will have already sold the bike or have a deposit but it is good starting information. I found that my local dealer was the least helpful of anyone I spoke with. The dealer wants to sell you what he has on the floor. Most of us know exactly what we want so, in my case, that pitch gained no traction with me. My advice is to be persistent in your searches and don't give much credence to your local dealer. There is a dealer in Russellville AR who is very easy to work with, 866-466-3219.

Good Luck

·
Registered
19,065 Posts
09 yellow-yes
08 yellow-never offered

·
Registered
241 Posts
Last time I was at my dealer (a week or so ago) he had all colors, yes yellow and even a limited edition light blue. Deans Honda in Oelwein, Iowa.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Whatever color you ask for , will be the only color that is popular and cost the most for you to aquire :)

The trick is NOT to let them know what Color you want at the start.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Yesterday Bartlesville Cycle Sports in Oklahoma had a yellow level 3 in stock for $20,011.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts