·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm I the only one here that stores his Goldwing in the bedroom?..... :hun1:

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
50 x 32 garage

I just built a detached garage 50 x 32, plenty of room for rods and bikes etc.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Mine is stuck out in an old 3 sided shack with a leaking roof(atleast till the water freezes.) with a southerly wind exposure.

Bulldog

·
Registered
573 Posts
Sits in the garage and and whines at me everytime I pass by him and get in the car.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Wow! A Rubbermaid Gold Wing Home! :lol:

Where did you get that? I could use something like that. I'm trying to sell my current place and get a place with a garage. Right now I have a Cycle Shelter and it works good - going on two winters now and it is holding up well.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Its made by a company called Thinking Outside (thinking-outside.com).

I got it at Sams club for 800ish bucks a couple of months ago. Took about four hours to put together but I know it can be done faster.

Mine is 11 feet long and 7 feet wide. Has a 3 foot bay area along with a window on that extension and 2 skylights. Has a spot where you can reinforce the columns with a 2x4 which I did for the winter (not shown in pic, but you can prolly see where it goes). Also has anchor points as well, but I messed up and put up the wall segments before anchoring. You can also get 4 foot extensions to add extra space and storage. Mine has 2 doors on each side and 2 on the back...making six doors all together. Bike just squeaks in there.

No complaints from me, outside of the fact that it isnt totally weather proof (snow can squeak in as you can see in the pic).

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Jeff in Ferndale WA said:
I'm lucky enough to have a garage
Bah! Lots of people have those....boorrrrring! lol.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
WestsideCougar said:
Sits in the garage and and whines at me everytime I pass by him and get in the car.
My cars sit in the driveway and whine every time I pass them to take the bike out of the garage. I drive the cars so little I have to think a day in advance to charge up their batteries. :shock:

·
Registered
337 Posts
I am thinking of building a detached garage in the spring of '07 to keep all the toys and lawn equip in. I have a 10x22 attached to the back of my carport now and it is kinda full with two bikes and ather "stuff" I also have a 12x24 portable building in the back yard for yard equip.

Anyone built one of these lately.....how much can I expect to shell out???

I am looking to build a 24' x 36' building. Bricked to match the house....vynil siding.....asphalt shingle roof, etc. Couple roll up doors, one 36" door.

I am planning to get the contractor that built the house over here in the next month or so for an estimate.

Just curious on what other foks experinces have been. Cost per square foot.

I have also not ruled out building a metal prefab. Would rather have it match the house though.

RRP

·
Registered
129 Posts
I travel full time on the road. Not wanting to leave my baby outside I bought a 7x16 enclosed trailer. Most of the time I use that as my garage. Fortunaly for me right now I have access to a heated underground parking garage. I'm in the middle of winter in WI and the bike is nice an toasty in the garage. I can even practice my parking lot skills when the PMS gets too bad. :lol:

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Mine sits in a two car garage. Wing on one side and Grand National on the other. Have other cars that never see the inside of the garage.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just got mine a couple of weeks ago, but it will stay in the front of my auto parts store with me. It was 16 degrees this morning on my way to town...must get heated grips! Lone Ranger - a Grand National! I Love my TurboBuicks! (WH1 & TTA).

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
What does that mean: "to store a motorcycle?" When not riding, I park mine in my garage ... two-car garage now has the Lincoln, the TT, the trike, the VTX and the Vulcan... besides a lot of tools, garbage cans and recycling bins, assorted boxes, power equipment, spare parts, hurricane shutters, and anything else that has no where else to be...barely room to walk! But, seriously, what does that mean: "to store a motorcycle???"

·
Registered
1,529 Posts

New opening in the back of my garage. Stays about 40 to 45 degrees. It is about 5 outside right now! Still get my and SO cars in as well....

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I bought it to ride, not store<G>! Riding year round here in the land of the sun. By the way, beautiful riding today, 73 degrees and lots of sun.

Wi_Winger said:
I'm I the only one here that stores his Goldwing in the bedroom?..... :hun1:

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
We normally ride year round unless there's actual snow or ice on the roads.. The bikes are only stored in the harshest weather in a 10x10..

1 - 20 of 50 Posts