GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of our helmets are getting expensive to purchase and I for one do not feel comfortable exposing them to the general public when left unattended.

I used Honda's trunk locks once, but a helmet stored upsidedown just invites trouble.

Were do you store your brain bucket when your Goldwing is parked and out of site?

Cheers!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Some of our helmets are getting expensive to purchase and I for one do not feel comfortable exposing them to the general public when left unattended.

I used Honda's trunk locks once, but a helmet stored upsidedown just invites trouble.

Were do you store your brain bucket when your Goldwing is parked and out of site?

Cheers!
Well there is really not a safe place, but if my bike is going to be out of sight I put on my cover and put the helmet on the seat. My thought is out of sight out of mind. If it's just a stop for a bite to eat or something I take it inside with me. Now watch the next time I put on the cover someone will grab my helmet. In my case the wife always fills up the trunk with all her "Stuff"

Ride Safe
Dick

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
In the trunk or with me if the trunk's full. I don't leave it laying around.

G

·
On short trips like going out to ear or visit friends, We put our helmets in the trunk, But on road trips with luggage,we take then into places with us.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Helmet locks....trunk....trailer...what is most convenient

Never had troubles using the helmet locks

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Generally try to keep helmets inside in the air conditioning. I will put it in the trunk if stopping for a short time or if there is no other convenient place to keep them when I stop. Keeping them inside seems to reduce the wear and tear on glue and fabric. And frankly it seems to keep it smelling like a bed of roses!

·
Registered
831 Posts
so far been lucky to just leave them on the seat when we go in to eat or get a drink, but that depends on where we are around home we can do that. Traveling most of the time we lock them under the tail trunk so far not a problem

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
For us, it all depends on the occasion. It could be the mirrors, the trunk or the locks. Not the seat though; the wife's already fell off once.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Word to the wise...do not try to move the motorcycle with helmets on the mirrors. While pushing around in garage, with a good left turn of the handlebars, there just may be contact with the front brake lever causing an unexpected brake application. :shock:

For the record, I have no personal experience in the above stated warning. :roll:

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Usually the trunk or if full carry with me. When it is really hot, I have placed it in the ice cooler outside a convenience store. One of us was always around to keep an eye on the cooler. A real nice mile or so after donning it!

·
Banned
3,711 Posts
Mike most of the time I use to leave it on the seat, if I was in a store

I got the new G max this January a few weeks ago I did the same with

the HJC ( my old helmet) I stopped at wally word this week put it on the

The seat like I allways do with my

gloves and started threw parking lot , turned back to bike to get my cell

phone and saw this Guy with my helmet in hand I said hey whats up:?:

Oh just looking at your helmet :roll:

Well I put in in trunk lesson learned The G max is by no means a high

dollar helmet but I think I will start bringing it in or putting it in trunk

The Guy was not on a Bike and he may have just been looking who knows

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
If it doesn't look like rain, they go on the helmet locks. Occasionally they go in the trunk or trailer (if it's along for the ride).

In many many years of riding, never had a problem with them on the trunk locks.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Mike most of the time I use to leave it on the seat, if I was in a store

I got the new G max this January a few weeks ago I did the same with

the HJC ( my old helmet) I stopped at wally word this week put it on the

The seat like I allways do with my

gloves and started threw parking lot , turned back to bike to get my cell

phone and saw this Guy with my helmet in hand I said hey whats up:?:

Oh just looking at your helmet :roll:

Well I put in in trunk lesson learned The G max is by no means a high

dollar helmet but I think I will start bringing it in or putting it in trunk

The Guy was not on a Bike and he may have just been looking who knows
Most likely looking to see if the size was right :?

·
Registered
469 Posts
[quote= the wife's already fell off once.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope she didn't hurt herself;)!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts