GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4 of us on 4 bikes are leaving KY. Tuesday morning. Going to Roswell, NM. to look for ufo's, then over to Winslow, Az. to stand on the corner. Then to the south rim of the Grand Canyon to throw a rock in, them meeting my wife at the Denver airport Sat. afternoon and head down to Colorado Springs to see our grandson. He is 11 years old and this is my 11 trip out, and I still feel like a kid at Christmas time.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Ride Ride Ride

For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move." -- Robert Louis Stevenson

Enjoy ---

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Enjoy your trip, but beware while at the Canyon, the Park Rangers will be extra alert after a Canadian man spray painted his name on one of the formations....:eek:4: :wrong: :shrug:

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move." -- Robert Louis Stevenson

Enjoy ---
I like that line you quoted. The more I read it and think about it the better it describes why I feel an urge to wander.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Have a great time...ride safe

·
Registered
56 Posts
What's the latest it makes sense to head out to the southwest, say from Moab and Denver and southwest of there, weather wise? I've got a window I can shoot for sometime mid-September to end of september. Will the weather be cooperative (meaning not roasting or freezing) at that time?

Weather averages seem to support any time Sep or Oct, and I'll be out for 3 weeks, ranging on out to Yosemite.

Any input, very welcome!

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Did a similar trip in 2006.
Rates with my all time favorite Rides.
You will enjoy yourselves. :thumbup:

Ride safe have fun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts