GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a really nice experience at Western Honda earlier today. I ordered some Bridgestones for the steel stallion, and worked up a reservation date with Jason. Trouble was, I had the date wrong, showing up this morning at 9am as opposed to NEXT Thursday like I was supposed to. Jason said not to worry, that he'll wedge me into a stall for the tire install.

Jason slipped my scooter into one of the bays changing out the tires in a quick fashion. During the install, they discovered the front brake pads were getting close to worn out; new pads put on for the cost of the pads only.

My bike was covered with pollen from all of the winds we've had the past couple of weeks, even after several washings. The bike was washed and dried before allowing me to leave for the day. I was out of the building around 11:30am, just in time for a lunch nearby.

Now, that's what I call service! I do believe I shall be going back to Western Honda for future needs.

Thanks to all of everyone's comments about this dealer/repair shop, I came away with a nice, clean taste in my mouth, as opposed to other repair shops.

- David

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
that's good feedback. Thanks for posting.

However, "steel stallion"...I don't think there's enough of that metal to qualify as a stallion. Maybe aluminum and or ABS plastic (or whatever it is they use). Aluminum stallion just doesn't sound right does it...?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
However, "steel stallion"...I don't think there's enough of that metal to qualify as a stallion. Maybe aluminum and or ABS plastic (or whatever it is they use). Aluminum stallion just doesn't sound right does it...?
Very true, very true. Guess my mind is still riding my old '01 Triumph Thunderbird...

- David

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I bought a new 1980 GL1100 from them. A Lengthy problem with the title on the bike. Paper work was misplaced in manager's office for months... some how.

They handled the frame re-weld on my 2004 1800 bike

·
Registered
931 Posts
They did the frame reweld on my 2004 also. They have been at that same location a long time. I have not used them yet for any work on the wing. D&D is closer to me so I go there for any non warranty work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts