GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are planning a trip through Cody,Wy., West Yellowstone in September.
what kind of weather can we expect that way during September?
Also turning south through Idaho, Utah, then east back home to Mo.
looking for must see sites and great places to stay and eat out that way.

·
Immortal Member
3,084 Posts
And here I thought you were talking about Bob Wills or Asleep at the Wheel...

We have not been that way, yet.

Many have said Chief Joseph and Beartooth are must rides while in the Yellowstone area.

If you're in Colorado in September stop by Rockies Gold.

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269514&highlight=rockies+gold+montrose

Temps will be cold in the mornings so heated gear would be nice.

Have a great time.

·
Registered
220 Posts
In Sept. I have seen it snow in the park and on the passes. I have seen the park closed in Sept but you will have to take your chances. last year I went up to the Park the middle of Oct.and had a grate time...This is Wyoming after all ..if you don't like the weather stick around a few min. it will change... Have a great trip..:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
And here I thought you were talking about Bob Wills or Asleep at the Wheel...
That was my first thought on seeing the subject as well. I guess bent minds think alike at this hour of the morning. LOL

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Western swing

LOL!!!

Thanks for the info..

Been to the Park in July ,but never in sept, so the weather is a concern of ours.

We're looking forward to the Western Museum in Cody, not sure where to stay though.

Sites to see in Idaho , Utah , Colorado????

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I do a tour out West most Septembers and IMO it is the absolute best month to do it. Of course you can get any kind of weather in the high country. Did YP in 07, and 08 in Sept. and it was great weather, not crowded at all. Cools down at night into the 30's so if you are camping like us take good sleeping bags and I recommend electric gear as the mornings will be cool in the high country. It warmed into the 60's every day we were there just perfect. Take Chief Joseph highway and beartooth into the NE entrance to YP park, on of the most awesome secnic roads in the country.

This September were doing Glacier and Mount Rainier park and then heading for the PCH and take that down thru the Redwoods to Frisco. Not sure yet what route home but it will be fun deciding on the road. Can't wait to go.

Have a great ride, as there is nothing more enjoyable than being on the open road with your Goldwing. Can't believe how blessed we are to be able to do these activities.

Fred

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the information. really looking forward to Yellowstone and the smaller crowds in Sept. We're not to sure of our agenda after West Yellowstone, thats still in the planning stage. Any advise on must see adventures out that way is much appreciated. We road Crater lake , PCH to Frisco over to Yosimite last July. Great riding in northern California. And your right we're all very lucky to able to travel and enjoy the sites of this country from the seat of our Gold-Wings... Non-riders don't know what their missing!!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Utah is great. My favorite is riding from bryce canyon to escalenta to torrey onto hanksvill then to mexican hat then monument valley. Sorry for no rd numbers and no capitilization. I am using mobile whatever with little button and I have huge fingers. Send private message and I will forward roads to you.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for everyones information, looks like we will wait until travel time gets close. Then we will make big decision on plan A Cody, Wy or plan B Key West, Fl.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have been to both places and I prefer Yellowstone so I moved to Wyoming. As Huck mentioned, the weather out here is unpredictable, but generally the weather is pretty good out here in September.

·
Registered
937 Posts
We're going to be there at that same time so if you see a red trike go by wave !:a13:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wave, we will! Looks like we have reservations to stay in Cody about 4 nights. Going to take day trips out and about from there. Looking forward to YNP and all of the great riding in that area. Thanks for everyones input.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
here you go!
Have a safe trip.

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
Utah is great. My favorite is riding from Bryce Canyon to Escalente (Highway 9 and 89 and 12)to Torrey (Highway 24)onto Hanksville then ( Highway 95/261) to Mexican Hat then Monument Valley. Sorry for no rd numbers and no capitilization. I am using mobile whatever with little button and I have huge fingers. Send private message and I will forward roads to you.
I fixed it for ya ....grin

1 - 15 of 15 Posts