GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife Nancy and I just returned from a motorcycle trip to the Western U.S. and Canada. We visited Theodore Roosevelt, Glacier, Waterton Lakes, Bannf, Wind Caves, and Badlands National parks. Also, Mt Rushmore and Crazy Horse, as well as Custer State Park. My Cousin Mike met us in Montana. Mike rode with us a few days. Great to see him and ride together. We had great weather overall, 6840 miles in 16 days. Great trip.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/t1rGWZDiZMCSTfKz9

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
@WNG-2 Man looks like a great time-Thanks for sharing the pics-Vids!

Reactions: WNG-2

·
Registered
608 Posts
Looks like you got to see a lot of nice places, good scenery. Where is the large resort looking building with the mountain in the background?

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like you got to see a lot of nice places, good scenery. Where is the large resort looking building with the mountain in the background?
That is the Prince of Wales Hotel, at Waterton Lakes Alberta. Pretty fancy camp. Check the lodging prices online...?

·
Registered
608 Posts
That is the Prince of Wales Hotel, at Waterton Lakes Alberta. Pretty fancy camp. Check the lodging prices online...?

Just $247.08 US a night for mid-week next July. I think more than one night would be splurging! Looks like a nice place but I think I would probably just do a drive by.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Just $247.08 US a night for mid-week next July. I think more than one night would be splurging! Looks like a nice place but I think I would probably just do a drive by.
There are other lodging options in the village, which is what we did. Beautiful little area.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Great photos, many from my part of the world (Alberta, Montana.)

Yes, the Prince of Wales Hotel is pricey, but remember, it's the one and only historic, 'luxury' hotel in Waterton Lakes National Park, so if one has the chance to stay, it's one of those once-in-a-lifetime, memorable experiences. The hotel's restaurant is also wonderful (not gouge-your-eyeballs-out expensive), and it has a million dollar view of Waterton Lake. (Canadian tourism promo hat now off. :). )

Looks like you had exactly the kind of tour Gold Wings were designed for. Good on ya!

Tim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Awesome pictures! Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Wow, looks like you had a terrific trip!

And it looks like you hit the weather perfect too!

Well Done!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts