GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Vendor
21,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm leaving for an extended trip today. Hope to do about 8K miles or so out west. Not sure where I am going yet, but I think I will go west till I hit water and then turn north. I will have my netbook with me and I will try to drop in from time to time when I can and check my PM's as time/opportunity allows.

I have also reduced the price of my Maintenance Video Discs during my trip, so if you want a set and don't have them, now is the time to get them.

Y'all take care. See ya!

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Ride safe pardner.

We will keep a lookout for you in the western U,S.:biker:

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Fun, fun, fun! If you come through Colorado Springs on the way home you got a free bed in Woodland Park (and a nice view).

Ride Safe!!!!
:yes::yes::yes:

·
Registered
463 Posts
enjoy!

Oh yea, when you get back let us know how well the nEtbook worked out..I may have to get one....

Seriously enjoy the ride.;)
You doing it on the wing or the ST?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Ride safe Fred and keep us "posted". Hope you will be taking a few of your cool videos. Have a great ride. ChuckR

·
Vendor
21,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really don't have much in the way of plans at all for a route. My goal is to see how little interstate I can ride, and take all back roads, and try to visit some new places, and revist some favorites.

If you see a light Blue 09 with a guy in a sceamin yellow helmet and jacket, give us a wave.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Ride Safe!
I'm doing my brakes today...
Just watched your video again.

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
I'm leaving for an extended trip today. Hope to do about 8K miles or so out west. Not sure where I am going yet, but I think I will go west till I hit water and then turn north. I will have my netbook with me and I will try to drop in from time to time when I can and check my PM's as time/opportunity allows.

I have also reduced the price of my Maintenance Video Discs during my trip, so if you want a set and don't have them, now is the time to get them.

Y'all take care. See ya!
We did that trip last year. Covered 5600 miles in 3 weeks. Dallas to San Diego, North on PCH to Oregon, then over to Boise, ID then to Yellowstone and on to Deadwood. Amazing trip.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Fred - if time permits you might want to check out Sequoia National Park and King's Canyon just south of Yosemite. It's an amazing place and some fantastic motorcycle riding in some of California's more remote section of the southern Sierra. Hwy 89 up over and through Mt. Lassen Volcanic National Park is an amazing ride as well. Did you get a chance to do Hwy 96 (the Kalamath Hwy) or Hwy 3 through the Trinity Alps anytime before? Both exceptional motorcycle routes. And if your in the area you might as well do the Forks of Salmon River roads too. None of them worth missing, but usually missed on most out of the region riders.

DaleC

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Fred,
Keep heading north. Canada awaits you. Your dollar is worth more, and we have many miles of great roads.
If you get close to Victoria, would be an honor to show you a few roads.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Fred; We've got a room for you in So Cal if you like. Even if you don't want to stay, if you let us know when you're in the area, I would love to show you some of the local highlights. Angeles Crest and the Santa Monica mountains have some great motorcycle roads.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Wow... I like it , destinaion unknown ...thats the way to do it .

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Have a wonderful and safe trip! If you hit the water near San Diego, drop me a PM after you turn north. We're halfway between S.D. & L.A.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts