GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok now that I have your attention. How many time have you seen someone on the board say that they wish they could come up with a way to keep water from gathering in the seat. Well I think I found away, at least it worked for me today. I decided to ride to work today even thought I knew it was going to rain. I had tried several things in the past to keep water from gathering in the crouch area, (towels and such). Well on the way out the door I grabbed one of the sham wow thingies the blue one to be exact that the wife had gotten sometime back and it seemed to work real well. On the way to work it did not rain that much but later in the day I had to run up to Linwood, NC and it was coming down good. The sham wow soaked up the water pretty good and when I got to Linwood I just rang it out unfolded it and laid it out on the seat until I got back. When I got ready to leave again I wiped the seat down with it rang it out again folded it and stuffed it between my legs and rode back to Charlotte again in heavy to moderate rain. No water in my seat at all. Oh by the way I wear Frogg Toggs the new ones that are supposed to be better seamed but I still get wet down there if I ride long enough in the rain. I just rolled the one up I used and put it in the trunk for the next time which will be Saturday on a trip to Charleston which they say we are expecting 3 “ between Saturday and late Sunday. Just thought this might help to them that have the problem

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,676 Posts
Doug,

Thanks for the idea.

Here's my solution to the problem: Use a beaded seat cushion.

Any water that gets on the seat does not collect in the crotch area since your butt is actually off the vinyl seat. What little water that might flow there passes under your butt and does not get collected. Works for me.

·
Registered
7,199 Posts
I don't know about you guys but whenever I ride in the rain that is hard enough for the water to collect in the seat, I have rain pants on so it doesn't matter how wet the seat gets :p

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I don't know about you guys but whenever I ride in the rain that is hard enough for the water to collect in the seat, I have rain pants on so it doesn't matter how wet the seat gets :p
Me too :agree:

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Sounds like it might be worth trying,,,,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts