GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s it worth? 2010 Honda GL1800 Motor Trike Adventure 1,771 miles.

My 89 year old father purchased this Trike new on 11/04/2011 as it was on his bucket list. Unfortunately he no longer can ride due to his eye sight. This is sad since he has had various motorcycles since his teens. Regardless, the time has come to sell the Trike. We are trying to determine what the value of this Trike is before putting it up for sale. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The specifics are as follows:

2010 GL 1800 Adventure Motor Trike with IRS;
1,771 miles as of 04/15/2014;

garage kept since day one;

basically new condition;

IRS rear suspension;

on-board air compressor w/LED readout;

chrome steel wheels;

trunk light;

Air Ride Suspension;

fender bras embroidered;

chrome light bars;

chrome bumper;

trailer hitch;

heated seat/grips;

nice rear arm rests, etc.

I can post detailed pictures if needed but just imagine one pretty much off the showroom floor. The Trike is metallic red (somewhat red) in color.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance that can be provided. This Trike is available as soon as I can place a realistic value on it. I have Power of Attorney for my Father and will be handling the transaction with his blessing. If interested, shoot me an email at [email protected]. Thanks in advance for any assistance that can be provided

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
I would get on the internet and look at Trikes of that year in your area. Or at least as close to you as available. See what the dealers are asking for a used machine.

Then if you want to sell it drop the price from that a couple grand.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Yep what Kit said, check Ebay, Craigslist and Cycle Trader even dealers close to you that sell Honda's , they may take consignments and dealers (Honda) can finance. Otherwise know your buyer and only take CASH Payments / No Joy Rides with 1700 miles... it runs fine!!!

Just be aware, send no photos to someone you don't trust or VIN Numbers, you may find your dads trike being scammed on another website. Lots of shady characters out there...

Good Luck with only that few miles it shouldn't last long to the right buyer!!

·
Registered
734 Posts
John, I gave this information to a friend of mine so if a guy named Manny contacts you.... He's a straight shooter. He'll try to get you to give him the trike but that's just Manny...

Sorry your Dad isn't able to ride.. That's a bummer....

Jerry

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info!

I have been looking around the various sites and will post it for sale by this weekend with pics. I washed it a week or so ago and let it run for a little bit - still has that new smell when the motor warmed up. This was only the second time that it has ever been washed. I will place a reasonable price which will be less than comparable trikes online with 30k - 50k miles. Thanks again for the suggestions. Should have a Silver Wing in excellent condition for sale next. Also have a Piaggio MP3 500 that will be for sale. He loved to ride and has had about every kind of bike out there.

·
Registered
65 Posts
John, I gave this information to a friend of mine so if a guy named Manny contacts you.... He's a straight shooter. He'll try to get you to give him the trike but that's just Manny...

Jerry
What a good friend you are. I'll bet Manny always asks you to come along when he wants to negotiate a deal:lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts