GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:excited:Just got back from a 12 hour ride in central Florida (getting ready for my ride to Sturgus in two week....from Vero Beach...yep nuts!) and I just tried out my new LD gear, shorts, hood and long sleeve shirt.

I was not prepared for the difference they made in the 95^ heat today. I wet them down every 90 mins or so and for a while was actually chilled, yea no sh17. When I got home my butt was fine with no monkey or soreness and I left the powder at home.

I am a believer, I just ordered another shirt and shorts for the trip.

Worth every penny, jump on the www.ldcomfort.com website and check out the videos for the reasons why.

:yes1::yes1:

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Have a riding bud who just arrived in Key West about an hour ago as the last stop on the Four Corner Tour Ride. He said he would not have made it for the last three days without the LD wear.

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
I got turned onto them when grampawinger gave me a hood to try out. Bought the shorts and long sleeve shirt shortly after, just the hood made that much of a difference. Also bought a set for the wife.

Now I tried to convince her she should wear the shirt when she is working outside in the yard. She didn't want to wear the shirt because "why do I want to wear a BLACK long sleeve shirt in the sun when it's already in the 90's?"

So, finally convinced her to try it. We were out working, occasionally spraying each other with the hose mister. We stayed cool (comparatively - we were still working and getting a bit of a sweat anyway, but nothing like if we hadn't been wearing them). She's a believer now.

Towards the end of the day our neighbor comes over and says "I gotta ask - why are you wearing black long sleeve shirts?" We showed him why, now he's thinking of getting some. The price is a bit of a kicker (or as she said when I bought them - "you paid HOW MUCH?), and some lighter colors other than black would be nice, but they do the job.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Brings a tear to my eye :).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just ordered a set for myself. Heard too many good things not to try them. My wife will have to have personal testimony from me before she'll try them. She's pretty sceptical...even sometimes where I'm concerned. OK, most times where I'm concerned. But these sound like a winner. I'm anxious to find out.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Brings a tear to my eye :).

Those should be "PROUD" tears Bubba because you have been the most influential forum member that has drummed the evaporative cooling principle into our heads and convinced us to give it a try.

I also use them while working on the Wing or cages or other equipment in the garage. A little water on the LDC and a nice fan blowing my way does the trick no matter how hot it is.

I wore the long sleeve shirt and long leg tights during all of my IBA rides and they kept me cool when needed and also helped keep me warm when the temps dropped. Down to the mid 30's in Colorado and Montana last September and down to the rainy low 40's at 2am to 5:30am last march during the Gator1000 in Florida.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
My wife and I wore them on our first SS1000 and they made a huge difference in the 106 degree heat through Kansas. NO they are not the same as Walmart sells!

·
Registered
379 Posts
I just received my order today. I ordered the long sleeve shirt a couple weeks ago to try it out here in the hi humidity. It only took one ride in 102, 71 dew point and 35% humidity to convince me the shirt will work. (humidity was low) The next ride it was 96, 72, 60% and I was VERY comfortable.

What I got today was, tights, sleeves, hood.
My wife got the whole package.
My son-in-law got shirt, hood and sleeves.

I ordered Thursday morning and I received them today!!! Now that is getting the job done. Not bad shipping considering they use USPS. (I ordered regular shipping)

Thanks LDcomfort.

Tree

·
Registered
3,610 Posts

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
I ordered my long sleeve shirt, shorts, and helmet liner today.

Bubba1 SHOULD get some kind of commission from LDC!! Or at least a few gift cards from them to some nice restaurants!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Sizes

For those who have ordered and received LD gear how do you find the sizes fit. In other words if you normally wear a LG does the LG LD fit as it should. TIA.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
For those who have ordered and received LD gear how do you find the sizes fit. In other words if you normally wear a LG does the LG LD fit as it should. TIA.

I normally wear a large golf shirt in order for it to drape loosely and feel comfortable. I have a 41 chest.

I must wear a medium LDcomfort in order for it to fit snugly and be in contact with all skin surfaces. Otherwise the moisture wicking and skin drying properties would not work properly.

LDcomfort is a very stretchy material yet it does not feel "tight" at all.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Using the instructions on the website and a tape measure worked well.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
I watched the video, did not see where it is designed to cool you? or to be wet down. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
922 Posts
I started out with sleeves.
The next week I got a shirt.
The next week I got the underwear.

I have the skulll cap, but I don't see where it does much for me with my helmit.

I love LDComfort!

I was leary spending the money when I bought the sleeves, but after wearing them, cost of LD Comfort became a non-issue.

·
Registered
65 Posts
2 cents; There are tons of tech-clothing items out there. I have not used this product but I do use my bike shorts (I use to peddle 1500 miles a year). Wicking, light, seamless, grippie legs, padded/unpadded, yada-yada-yada...but they are not all created equal either.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I watched the video, did not see where it is designed to cool you? or to be wet down. Am I missing something?

Yes you are,

From the "USE" page on the website.

Hot weather/cooling

While riding in the hot weather of the southern deserts is risky for the uninformed, it is possible to ride through temperatures into the triple digits if you know a couple of tricks.
One is to keep covered to avoid dehydration and another is to keep cooler using the evaporative properties of the LDComfort ™ Riding Top. Simply pour some water around the collar, front, back and sleeves of the shirt. Notice how the garment's wicking property helps the water travel down the fibers throughout the Riding Top. Then open the sleeves to your outer jacket and unzip the front of the jacket about 25% to feel the cooling effect when you ride. If you become too cold while riding, (yes, even into the upper 90 degrees) simply zip up the front of the jacket to adjust the temperature. While you may have to replenish the water in your LDComfort ™ Riding Top a few times, you can make it comfortably across the southern desert in the mid day heat.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
2 cents; There are tons of tech-clothing items out there. I have not used this product but I do use my bike shorts (I use to peddle 1500 miles a year). Wicking, light, seamless, grippie legs, padded/unpadded, yada-yada-yada...but they are not all created equal either.

I would have agreed with you a month ago, not now however, sorry.

Like holsters I have a box of stuff that cost a bunch of money but just doesn't work very well... live and learn (or not) the duel layer fabric is the key.

Bike shorts work well when exercising as they have a compressive effect, that is the last thing I would want when sitting basically still for 12 hours. you want for 12 hours sitting still on a MC.

I wish there was a market for used underwear like UnderArmor or bike shorts or hiking shorts but sadly (and thankfully) there is none, however I can dump a bunch of lightly uses holsters at the next gun-show, hmmmm good idea. :doorag:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts