GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was supposed to leave yesterday for Pigeon Forge and the Gap. But the temp here in Tulsa is 9 degrees, we have 10" of snow over 1" of ice, but worse yet, Yellow Wolf has upgraded from two wheels to eighteen. I guess even the best made plans can get cooled off by a Canadian jet stream. It looks like it will get up to 50 in Texas today, but I can't even get my garage door open. I think I will get out my Colorado maps and continue to dream about Rockies-Gold, which, by the way got down to -2 last night in Montrose. Crying-towel please. :snow1:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I feel your pain. We went through that last month with the monsoons and then the sub-freezing temperatures and snow and ice. Fortunately, this past weekend, it warmed up and I was able to ride both Saturday and Sunday.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tim....

I guess Mother Nature spoilled me last winter! Rode the Wing to work every day. We always get a little cold here, but mostly dry.

Great to hear you got in a nice weekend!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hey David, I just got back on board today. I thought about you the other day when the snow and ice started. I remember giving you a hard time a couple months ago when we were in NC. Sorry to hear you did not get out of state before that storm hit. Rain today stopped my plans of some shopping on the Wing.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Don...

I try to think there is a good reason why things don't work out. Cheri wasn't feeling very good, the ice and snow came, and the EPA made a surprise visit to my work place. I think the biggest disappointment was not getting the chance to meet YellowWolf.

Good Lord knows I'll try the trip again, just not sure when. It is a little more than a trip around the block.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts