GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a great ride yesterday. I started at 5:30am and headed off through deer country. I dared the critters to come out! They stayed in bed and didn't bother me. I passed by the dairy's at Stephenville--good grief they stink!! I took the short cuts on he "back roads" and only got lost twice--both in towns of less than 600!!!! I found speed ditches built into the roadway and thought I had bent my front wheel-twice!!.

I made it to the meeting and it was as fun as I expected. Great friends, good food and lots of fun.

On the way home, I had a bike get on my tail. We both made a turn onto a farm to market road. I had not straightened up when this guy, tattoos, sleeveless shirt and dew rag, came roaring by me, in the left tire track in my/our lane. It was double yellow in the middle of the road and entering a curve.What a moron!!

The ride home was almost uneventful. Other than a a convention of buzzards meeting on lunch in the ditch (4-5 tried to fly up and skeeer me), I made it home. Thanks all!!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I have to say my ride back was, thank goodness, uneventful.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Had a great ride yesterday. I started at 5:30am and headed off through deer country. I dared the critters to come out! They stayed in bed and didn't bother me. I passed by the dairy's at Stephenville--good grief they stink!! I took the short cuts on he "back roads" and only got lost twice--both in towns of less than 600!!!! I found speed ditches built into the roadway and thought I had bent my front wheel-twice!!.

I made it to the meeting and it was as fun as I expected. Great friends, good food and lots of fun.

On the way home, I had a bike get on my tail. We both made a turn onto a farm to market road. I had not straightened up when this guy, tattoos, sleeveless shirt and dew rag, came roaring by me, in the left tire track in my/our lane. It was double yellow in the middle of the road and entering a curve.What a moron!!

The ride home was almost uneventful. Other than a a convention of buzzards meeting on lunch in the ditch (4-5 tried to fly up and skeeer me), I made it home. Thanks all!!
Mark,

Sounds like you have a "thang" for them Texas buzzards...you be careful, now, hear? :doorag:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Those "Texas buzzards" are now called "Pipkin birds"!!!!

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Meeting??? What meeting? Did I miss something?
Another meeting coming up. In Eastland--OCT 1- Details to come. Everyone is invited to this one. It has been a blast in the past and lookin good this year!! If your lookin for a nice ride and a fun day, some good food(fish fry supper), Mark this day on the calender!!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Another meeting coming up. In Eastland--OCT 1- Details to come. Everyone is invited to this one. It has been a blast in the past and lookin good this year!! If your lookin for a nice ride and a fun day, some good food(fish fry supper), Mark this day on the calender!!
I love fish fry's...if this is a group gig I'm in!!

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I love fish fry's...if this is a group gig I'm in!!
more details to come, but : Oct 1st Eastland has an annual "RipFest" celebrating the legend of Old Rip- the famous horny toad. Big parade and festival. A BIG car and bike show, not compitition, just a chance to show your rig. Had about 50 bikes there last year. NO cost to put your bike in and all that do get lunch!! Last year most got a nice gift bag also. It is a hoot! At 5 the Eastland Fire Dept puts on a fish fry(all you can eat) featuring the largest fish fry trailer in Texas. They know how to cook some catfish. I hope Lots of my wing friends come to the fun!!! We will also ride the"Tail of the Toad!!
I am pretty sure my riding partners -jhughes, tommyboy, dan are coming along with big cat from Franklin Tn. Many more I am sure.

http://www.eastlandchamber.com/ripfest2011.html

1 - 13 of 13 Posts