GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This time last year, I was in a hospital recuperating from emergency colon surgery. The doc's took out about a foot due to cancer. Spent Christmas in the hospital.

Started as a stomach ache Thanksgiving night last year. A week or so later, it didn't get any better so went to a small town clinic for something to make it go away. The "doctor" said I could possibly have hepititus and gave me some antibiotics to take. If I didn't get any better, come back.

Well, fever didn't go away and a couple of weeks later I was in the emergency room.

Started chemo in January, ended at the end of June. Two weeks later I got my 2006 Titanium Goldwing (This makes it motorcycle related :D ). I thought I deserved it!

Had a checkup and CT scan first part of December. Doctor said I was doing great and blood counts doing good.

Went thru a colonoscopy yesterday and they didn't find anything :yes: . The port they put in to inject the chemo will be coming out December 29 :yes: :yes: .

Thanks to everyone at Presbyterian Hospital at Dallas and all family and friends for helping me thru these times.

David

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Glad to hear that things are working out for you. That would make it a great Christmas gift.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Congrats!! Without good health.......the rest don't matter! I'm sure that this Christmas will be much more joyous to both you and your loved ones. It's refreshing to hear success stories. Thanx for sharing yours

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
8)
Outstanding for you and all the loved ones, some good news for them and the stress factor lowered for all. :wink: Plus ya get to ride the best color Wing that any man would be happy to own and ride it until the happiness over comes all negatives. 8) :yes:

·
Registered
98 Posts
David: That's great news..Hope all goes well in the New Year. :yes: How's the traffice between Warsaw and Scurry? Still bumper to bumper? :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
gift

Life...the best gift of all. God bless

:sun1:

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Now that is great news, David. You ARE having a merry Christmas.

See by the pic, that you hang out at one of the best spots in Texas: Willie, Waylon (RIP)...and the boyz. :wink: :wink:

Larry

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
What a tremendous Christmas gift.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
What great news for you David!!!! This Christmas will be a special one for you and your family!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts