GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work for a short line railroad that has 3 other ones besides the one I work for. We have the one I work for in Nebraska then we also have 1 in New Orleans, Emmett Idaho and Wichita Falls Texas. I am doing work to map out all our stations in detail and putting them on a computer program. That way when someone works a station they are not totally familiar with, the can refer to the map and have detailed instructions for each station they work. Also is a good training tool for new employees. Well I will be going to Texas next month to map out that railroad. My boss has family there and wants to tag along. He said he would drive because he wants to take his trailer so we can take our bikes and go riding after working each day. ( I think we will have some pretty short working days.) As much as we would like to ride there, we have a lot of gravel roads in some areas so a truck is necessary. I will be taking my VTX instead of the wing, since wings don't like to be on trailers :cry:. Just hope we have good weather.

·
Registered
906 Posts
While in Wichita Falls, be sure to ride up I-44 to Lawton, OK. Get off I-44 onto OK49 to Medicine Park, OK. There's a great little wildlife refuge with visitors center there. Breathtaking view from the mountaintop there as well. We were there once and was able to look out over part of Ft. Sill as they were having artillery practice. Really cool watching the newbe's sight in the big guns.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
While in Wichita Falls, be sure to ride up I-44 to Lawton, OK. Get off I-44 onto OK49 to Medicine Park, OK. There's a great little wildlife refuge with visitors center there. Breathtaking view from the mountaintop there as well. We were there once and was able to look out over part of Ft. Sill as they were having artillery practice. Really cool watching the newbe's sight in the big guns.

Sounds like fun, will look into it. Should be there for about a week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts