GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a great day on the Blue Ridge Parkway starting at Brevard NC. 98 miles of twists and turns, crystal blue skies, almost no traffic and a great riding companion (my wife Amity). 6 hours of hairpin turns....I'm pooped.

JLK

·
Registered
740 Posts
Jan,
I ran the BRP today from Hendersonville Rd (Biltmore Forest entrance-Asheville) to the Balsam Gap entrance (Waynesville). Yes indeed,it was a glorious day, maybe I saw you .
Bob VanNess

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jan,
I ran the BRP today from Hendersonville Rd (Biltmore Forest entrance-Asheville) to the Balsam Gap entrance (Waynesville). Yes indeed,it was a glorious day, maybe I saw you .
Bob VanNess
We were in those places today too. I'll bet I did see you. Do you have a silver bike?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Blue Ridge and Cherohala are 2 of my favorite rides. I've ridden on them 3 times this year and may go again. We were scheduled to go again this weekend, but 2 of my buds couldn't get off work.

2W

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jan,
Black 02, Are you still in the area?
Ya we are. We're in Brevard for the next two days. Planning to have dinner tonight at the "SageBrush Steak House" in Brevard.

We're still mapping out our trips for tomorrow and Friday. Saturday we go to Calhoun, Ga for 3 days of riding.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bob,

It says you posted something 8 minutes ago, but I don't see it.

JLK

·
Registered
19,323 Posts
Beautiful looking wing(not junked up with too much chrome):yes1:

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Ya we are. We're in Brevard for the next two days. Planning to have dinner tonight at the "SageBrush Steak House" in Brevard.

We're still mapping out our trips for tomorrow and Friday. Saturday we go to Calhoun, Ga for 3 days of riding.
If you stay until next week, there's a special 'Duck Season' opening just for Florida experts.:cool:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
John, get off at mile marker 312. Have a smoked chicken sandwich at Christa's Country Corner Cafe for me. Leave your trailer at Christa's. Ride NC 181 south 14 miles, turn around and ride it back to your trailer. Best ride in NC.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Dave and myself must be Christa's 2 fans. I also love the smoked chicken
sandwich. I also agree with Dave that 181 from Chista's down the mountain
and back is the best ride in the mountains. I take a round about way from
my house to Blowing Rock and back home just to ride 181 and eat at Chista's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts