GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know how you swallow hard when you see a car towing another car or truck about 60 miles an hour, with a 6 foot tow strap or chain

Tonight on I-4 west of Orlando, I said to my wife...."look there's a guy sitting on a motorcycle on a trailer behind that car in front of us."

Well, when we passed, it was a spyder was not on a trailer, it was being towed by a car about 60 miles an hour. The tow strap was about six feet long and the guy was sitting on the Spyder. IN THE DARK NO LESS.

We all know what would have happened if that car had to stop fast.

JLK

·
Banned
1,911 Posts
That would have been interesting to see Spyders have power steering; Dunno if they have power brakes?
I wonder how he controlled it??

·
Registered
569 Posts
You know how you swallow hard when you see a car towing another car or truck about 60 miles an hour, with a 6 foot tow strap or chain

Tonight on I-4 west of Orlando, I said to my wife...."look there's a guy sitting on a motorcycle on a trailer behind that car in front of us."

Well, when we passed, it was a spyder being towed by a car about 60 miles an hour. The tow strap was about six feet long and the guy was sitting on the Spyder. IN THE DARK NO LESS.

We all know what would have happened if that car had to stop fast.

JLK
Maybe the guy on the spyder was ready to apply his brakes. If he was dumb enough tobe on it he might think it would stop the trailer :eek:4:

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Might have been survival of the dumbest, I have seen dumb and dumber get away with stuff that anyof us would die if we tried it....:superman1:

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts