GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to put a Kumho 195/55/16 RF on when I finish up the stones. I see the benefit of a RF tire but not seeing to much about the front tire except for the BT-45. Whats the benefit of this tire on the front of the bike? What precautions are you taking for a flat on the front tire (plug kit/compressor or cell phone/credit card). Your experience is most welcome. Thanks in advance.

·
DSI Keeper
9,183 Posts
3 big things about this tire.

Deeper tread

Wears like iron, Get a ton more mileage.

Softer ride.

Some notice a buzz in the handlebars from the deeper tread. Others notice the tire cups easy if you don't keep the pressure up at 40 or more.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
3 big things about this tire.

Deeper tread

Wears like iron, Get a ton more mileage.

Softer ride.

Some notice a buzz in the handlebars from the deeper tread. Others notice the tire cups easy if you don't keep the pressure up at 40 or more.
Murgie,
How do you compare the BT45 with the 709? Which do you prefer? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
Murgie,
How do you compare the BT45 with the 709? Which do you prefer? Thanks.
I cannot speak for the great keeper of the sacred numbers,but I wanted to try one and several people know how I ride told me to stay away from it unless I got spare rim to run When i am on slab. 4 different people I believe.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
I think MOST people like the bridgestone 709 on the front-- I sure do.
If you are doing mainly long distance slab/interstate miles, several people use the rear mc tires in the correct size on the front of the wing.--and get many, many thousands of miles from them, b/c they have so much more tread depth.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
bt-45 on front

I have one I took off with over 19K on it with still more center tread than a brand new 709. It was starting to cup on the edges. For a tire that costs 98. delivered to my door, its a heck of a deal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts