GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:p Reading up as much as there is information to read off the internet, the only thing lacking is someone with actual time in use of the new iWay600c.

If there be anybody, please share your experience and opinion with me!

George G. Fries
DAB FL 32117
[email protected]

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
It hasn't been released yet... I was told 'sometime in November' by Lowrance

edit:
Lowrance put the 600c specs on the webpage today.

Twice the display resolution, and includes 'High-detail, "bird-eye-view", satellite imagery (with street overlays) of hundreds of select metropolitan areas in the U.S. and Canada display highways, buildings, stadiums, streets, and adjacent waterways'.

I wonder if they'll get the 'best new mobile electronics entertainment product' at Sema again this year? (I wonder if they've done anything to improve their QC???)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Darn, I just bought my 500c about a 2 months ago and just love it. Now I guess I'll have to ebay it out and get the 600C. I had great service from Get Feet Wet, will buy from them again. Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
252 Posts
iWay 600c

I was just reading some of the specs.

The new 600c has a 30 gig hard drive, 25 gig for the mapping and only 5 gig for MP3 and pictures. (The 500 has 10 gig available for MP3 and pictures.)

However, they have added a MMC/SD card slot to expand your memory capabilities.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Re: iWay 600c

klbj1961 said:
... However, they have added a MMC/SD card slot to expand your memory capabilities.
Don't bet on that one yet - they only make that statement in one place on the website and it's not mentioned in the updated press release. I think that they copied that line from the 350c spec page and didn't proofread it very well.

For example, the 600 spec reads like this:
  • Media Player <<
    Full-featured stereo MP3 audio player
    Full Spectrum FM modulator wirelessly streams music through an open FM radio channel
    Full-featured picture viewer displays JPEG photos stored on MMC/SD memory cards
The 350c player reads:
  • Media Players <<
    Full-featured stereo MP3 music player with digital media card slot for loading music with an SD/MMC memory card
    Built-in FM modulator to wirelessly stream music and voice directions through any open FM radio channel
    Full-featured picture viewer displays JPEG photos stored on MMC/SD memory cards

·
Registered
227 Posts
Re: iWay 600c

klbj1961 said:
However, they have added a MMC/SD card slot to expand your memory capabilities.
I'm wondering how they did this and kept it waterproof. I suspect the spec write-up on the Lowrance 600C webpage was a "cut 'n paste" operation and that the 600C will not have a MMC/SD card slot. I may be wrong, tho.

Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts