GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
yes maybe real men do

i am a wussy boy then

its up to about 14 degrees right now and ice everywhere

i havent seen a bike go by yet today

must be no real men arround, or they froze to death on the way

loren

·
Registered
561 Posts
Winter riding

I most impressed by the last pic. At least this guy was doing it on two wheels.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I won't be riding today either, 13" of snow on the ground, another couple last night, temps are going to drop all day and the windchill is going to minus teens by late this afternoon with more of the same for the next couple of days. 59 Days To Spring, and counting. :sw1: :snow1: :flg:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Winter riding

Stormbringer said:
I most impressed by the last pic. At least this guy was doing it on two wheels.
My opinion is that it easier to ride with two wheels in snow than with the sidecar. With two wheels and good tires it is actual quite easy and fun. But you got to have right kind of enduro bike for that. I think with wing and sidecar you stuck in snow all time. Actually I heard that these quys has different gold wings for summer and winter user.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Even with Gerbings no can do here in Northeast Wisconsin. Too much snow, ice and salt on the roads. :cry: :cry:

G

·
Been cold here just north of the Wash DC. Temps around 12-15 every morning. But, for the most part, the roads are clear so I've been able to ride in just about every day. Would be nice to see some temps above freezing for a change though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts