GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I attempted to flush the front brake system today on my 08 Wing/trike without anti-lock brakes. I emptied the brake reservoir-refilled with new fluid, opened the bleeder valve while squeezing the break lever-nothing happens. Tried the other side, same story. What am I missing? I never had this issue with older
Wings, cars, trucks, etc
I looked for any video's and failed to find any relevant.
Thanks,
Marlin

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Does your front brake lever hold pressure?

·
Premium Member
5,635 Posts
Is the trike re-plumbed on the brakes? If not be sure which bleeders you are trying. The are two bleeders on each side. One on each side of the front is activated by the rear foot peddle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brake bleeding

I do have firm brakes both hand and foot. I only saw one bleed valve on each caliper but will double check. I did see one on the anti dive mechanism on the left side. Since it is a trike, it is obvious that I need to do a little more research into which brakes are activated by either the foot pedal or the hand brake.
Thanks for the pointers!
Marlin

·
Premium Member
5,635 Posts
Some trike kits change the brake lines around. So I think you need to search on your specific trike kit to see if they do that.

Here is a fantastic aide with pics contributed by ChrisE. He was also installing Speed Bleeders. But Chris did a great job of demonstrating the proper (normal) bleed sequence, including pictures of each bleeder.

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/show...leeders-That-was-easy&highlight=Speed+bleeder

i also recommend owning and using the service manual, plus Fred Harmon's video set.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts