GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This seems to have been a very hard year for some on the board. A few untimely deaths, several injuries, and some illnesses.

For those that have passed, I am thankful that we have a gracious God that will for eternity be watching over the loved ones that have been lost. I also ask God to bless those left behind.

I am thankful for a God that has worked so many miracles through the hands of our skilled physicians to get our injured and ill members back on the road to recovery.

I also thankful for the many blessing God has bestowed on me and my family. I would like to thank him for my wife, for without her I surely would be lost. I would like to thank him for a son whom I am very proud, his wife, and for the three most special grandchildren a person could ever ask for.

I am thankful for our men and women in the military for what they do and ask God to bless them. http://www.grizzlypoint.com/tg/2006tdm1.html

And I am also thankful for the friends I have mad through this forum. It is so nice to have people with the same interest as mine that I can turn to for advice and help.

May God bless you all.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
I am most thankfull for (in order) The Lord smiling on me and keeping me under control, Meesh, my family, my friends, my enemies and my dreams.

Dawg

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Life is good.
Sharing it with all the super people I've met is really special.
It just doesn't get any better.
:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Dive Master, I was a drug addict for 16 years. I am coming up on 20 years clean and sober. Every day of my life has been a blessing. My children have forgiven me and they still love me, as do my wonderful grandchildren. I have the most wonderful woman in the world whom I love dearly. I am truely a blessed man. :p

I thank God for my new life and for allowing me to live in this Country. I also thank him for those willing to risk there lives so we may enjoy our blessings.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
I am thankful to be alive and beginning to walk again. I'm grateful for my friends and others on this board who have helped us through a difficult time. And most of all, I am thankful to God for giving me a wife who has devoted herself to getting me through the last 3 months. I certainly don't deserve any of it.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
You know, it's strange how this came up at this point in my life. I'm having a little personal problem at work and was feeling slighted. This morning, on my drive from the yard to the rig, I came to the point where I decided to thank God for what I have, instead of what I think I should have gotten.

I thank God for my health. I turned 50 yesterday, and other than the fact that I'm old, fat, and have grey hair, I'm doing great.

I thank God that He gave my Peggie to be my wife, lover, and best friend for the last 30 years. Without her support and love, my temper would have gotten the best of me many times, as recently as my work problems.

I'm thankful for the material things I've been allowed to keep, things that none of us really need, but things we all like, i.e. the bike, cars, nice new house, etc.

I'm thankful that I have a good paying job, warts and all. There are many that don't.

I'm thankful for the country we live in, and the men and women in the Armed Forces who are working with little pay and appreciation this, and every, weekend and are keeping us free and able to celebrate.

I'm thankful for my friends, both physical and cyber-space, that I can share my feelings and beliefs with. We may not agree on everything, but we all have much to be thankful for. 6 of my closest friends, Peggie, and I are boarding a cruise ship Friday morning. The 8 of us are going to use my birthday as an excuse to party for 3 days in Mexico. Life, for me, is really, really, good. :lol:

Thank you, Lord.

G

·
I'm Thankful for my health, my marriage, my son and daughter-in-law, my house, job, and to live in a country were when
I go to bed at night, there's someone out there keeping watch and guarding our safety.
Either a Arm Forces Personnal watching our shores 24-7 :flg: , Police :cop2: , Firemen on duty, Doctor's, Nurses.
All make me proud to live in America.

Sleep will Tonight

Cheers!

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
I'm thankful God hasn't given up on me yet. :bow:

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
Good Gravey, where would one begin.....

Thanks to the Loed above for;
My Wife, how she puts up with me, I'll never know, best friend for 36 years ( not counting the three we dated in High School).

My Three Sons ( hey, there's a TV show in there somewhere) They have been knuckleheads at times, but I love them..

Three Grandbabbies, If I had known how great they could be, I'd skip the kids and went stright to grandkids ( naw, not really)

My friends, at home, work, and on this board...haven't met you all yet, but that doesn't matter....

My job, warts and all.....

My familys health and mine.

The boys and gilrs in the service, the ones that have served....THANKS

The boys and girls in Law Enforcement, Firemen, Nurses, Doctors, EMT's
the ones behind the parts and service counters that I holler at, the waitresses and cooks at my favorite eaterys
and on and on.......

I guess, Thanks to everyone....

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
I am thankful, and filled with gratitude...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts