GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
I got a rack bag from RKA.

It's for the BMW K1200LT

The rear straps work with the holes in the back of the rack but I had to make a couple of extenders to reach the rear mounts on the rack.

[URL=http://s210.photobucket.com/user/kevincaron/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2019-03/20190301_110334_zpsvrbl8tgh.jpg.html]

[IMG]https://oi210.photobucket.com/albums/bb142/kevincaron/Mobile%20Uploads/2019-03/20190301_110334_zpsvrbl8tgh.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

This is what I 3d printed to use as an extension.

Just back from a 1200 mile ride and the bag was rock solid the whole way.

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice looking bag!
Can anyone with this rack provide me with the surface dimensions?
'Don't want to pick too big or too small a bag.

·
Registered
19,256 Posts
I have the Kury bag

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Kurry

:agree:

·
Registered
2,946 Posts

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
es
Nice looking bag!
Can anyone with this rack provide me with the surface dimensions?
'Don't want to pick too big or too small a bag.
This is the one I ordered. http://www.rka-luggage.com/A03 Seatbags/K1200LT Rackbag/k1200LTRACK.html

The bag is about 1-1/2 long on the sides and sticks over the edge of the rack. I had the cover and spare set of gloves in the bag and no sag notices.

Do you not have the rack on your bike? Is that why you are asking for dimensions?

Here are the dimensions of the rack.

[/URL][/IMG]

If you want any other measurements let me know.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
16,984 Posts
I have the Kuryakyn bag for the previous model GL18 and it fits the new on just fine too.

prs

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Do you not have the rack on your bike? Is that why you are asking for dimensions?

Thanks! I don't have the bike or rack yet, here's why :wink2: LINK

Was there a reason you ordered the bag for the BMW K1200LT and not RKA's 21 Liter Standard Rack Bag? LINK
Was it because the Standard bag (shown below) didn't have straps located from the vertical surface of the rear of the bag?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Thanks! I don't have the bike or rack yet, here's why :wink2: LINK

Was there a reason you ordered the bag for the BMW K1200LT and not RKA's 21 Liter Standard Rack Bag? LINK
Was it because the Standard bag (shown below) didn't have straps located from the vertical surface of the rear of the bag?

Correct,, the bag in your post has the buckles that would not work with the rack.
The K1200lt bag just fits better so I went with it.
Just have to make some kind of extension to reach the rear rack mounts to secure the bag.
I looked at just using velcro to make a loop but figured what the heck, I have a 3d printer so make my own.

Bag is the same size just mounts differently.

·
Registered
471 Posts
There are many bags that will fit on top of the Honda rack, but very few have straps that will work correctly.
The weirdly shaped OEM Honda rack has the attachment points at the right and left sides, making it a bit difficult to tie down a bag in a normal way.

I ordered a very nice Kuryakin Momentum Hitchhiker bag, but I just could not get the bottom straps to work for me, so I sent it back.
I settled on the very light weight Ultragard 4-603 bag, about $50 retail.
The straps were a good fit, and easy to attach to the rack, and it carries quite a bit of stuff for it's size.
And I add a few Rok Straps to secure the corners from drooping over the LED brake light.
Jefro.

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Where did you find it for $49.99?
Was it also on Amazon at that lower price?

Thanks!
Yeah i got it from a 3rd party n Amazon for $49.99. It went right back up to $99.99 after that. Not sure if it was a pricing error or a temp discount, but im happy either way

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts