GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What bag are you using on your Honda Genuine Accessories Trunk Rack?
I can't seem to find one that fits well, and is high-quality.

I had contacted Richard at RKA-Luggage to see if he made one, but he said he hadn't received much interest for one.
I'm surprised, as their products are top-notch.

If no other quality bags that fit the rack well are available, maybe with enough serious interest we could convince him to make us a bag.

What do you think?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I use my range bag for "inside" the trunk, I don't see why it wouldn't be suitable for the rack..it's sturdy and close to the footprint of the rack. It's also [as you would expect] very compartmentalized so that works for easy access to small items while on the road..

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The size looks good but I doubt it's waterproof (or comes with a waterproof cover). An ideal bag for Honda's rack would also have integrated tie-down straps strategically placed to coincide with the rack's slots for easy and secure mounting. RKA makes these kind of bags for other bike-specific racks, like the BMW K1200LT's.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I bought this Tourmaster. I think fits well and attaches well. I have yet to use it on a trip, but I am confident it will suit my needs.

Coonsie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I picked up the Saddlemen It fits nicely on the rack and has excellent tie down functions. There’s enough room for walk around shoes jeans and stuff for a week on the road.
BE8E25E4-E08D-4444-99ED-4CF507A6AA44.png

·
Registered
520 Posts
I've used the UltraGard 4-603 (or some such model) for a couple trips when going for more than a day. It has a rain cover and lots o' small pockets as well as one large storage area. It attaches okay, but I secure it with a bungee cord anyway. Dry bag goes on the seat as I usually pack that with lots of clothes and stuff, so it weighs more than I think is prudent for mounting on the rack. The UltraGard may not meet your high-quality requirement as it only costs around $50-$60, but so far it has held up well and served the purpose.

·
Registered
235 Posts
My wife bought me this and it is excellent!
Good price point on that FirstGear bag, I've always has good success with their riding gear.

Granted, the weight would need to be minimal, but sometimes just a little more room is all ya need keep that passenger happy...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Dabbling around just a bit this morning and found this sweet looking little waterproof 25 L duffel bag, make in Georgia, USA... Mad Water 30L Waterproof USA Duffel – Matte Black

For me waterproof is a must and made in America is some tasty icing on top: "And not only is our waterproof bag manufactured in the USA, the YKK zipper we use is now also manufactured in the USA – also in the state of Georgia, in fact."

·
Registered
22 Posts
Take a look at Chase Harper. I bought a bag that expands to 40L. They have rain covers available. I also have an Eagle Creek Gear Warrior that is 40L and has backpack straps built in. The Eagle Creek is also my regular travel bag. Fits great in overhead bin or under a seat. Chase Harper made a rain cover for that one after I gave them the dimensions. I’m all set for travel if they ever get a vaccine for Covid-19.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts