GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The reason for my wife and I buying this GoldWing is so we can Travel. We love to go to bike rallies. Daytona. Sturgis. Myrtle beach Exc Exc. My question is ....How many of you go on trips to rallies and where ?
What are Wingers favorite destinations ?

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
Lately my favorite are the ones involving members of this board. You will see them posted as they occur. Some are organized and others just happen.

·
Road Warrior
1,323 Posts
Me to, I am really liking the large rallys a lot less and the smaller more informal get togethers a lot more. Sheila

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MAN ! Are you tellin me that all the read is where you've been ?
What are these GPS numbers ?

·
Registered
922 Posts
Morgantown Wv, Gettysburg PA, Ocean City Md, Snowshoe WV, Rolling Thunder. I am limited to the distance due to time off requirements. I just like ridding in the mountains in our area, especially West Va.

·
Registered
369 Posts
daytona , little srurgis ky,panama city, myrtle beach. next month key west then to daytona for a week mike :twisted:

·
Registered
553 Posts
NONE

they dont have poo poo in california s.f. area,,i dont go to any.my wife and i have more fun on our own anyway..eat when and where we want,stop and see what we want ,when we want etc etc..and im not a dogooder nor a devoted christian,,sooo,,ill wing it alone..that way i can have a ciggarette without 90 percent of the people glaring and looking down on me and judgeing my choices in life,,hehehe..now wait and u will see a do gooder or two pick on my poor punctuation and paragraphing..then you will see why i wouldnt ever want to be near the do gooders,,yuck

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey you went to Panama ? I was there. I tried to talk to all the wingers. I might of met you. Was with my wife. Had a for sale sign on my bike ?

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
G-Funk said:
MAN ! Are you tellin me that all the read is where you've been ?
What are these GPS numbers ?
From my sig line:
Yes the red states are the ones I have ridden a Gold Wing in.
The Dealer waypoints are for anyone that wants to use them, please read the disclaimer and instructions first.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:shock: What does religion have to do with riding a bike with friends ?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WOW ! Now thats impressive. I've never heard of a Harley guy doing this. This sounds sooo cool. How do you keep track like that ? Does the GPS on the bike do it for you and can you download off it ?

·
Registered
375 Posts
I am a one year old 'Winger. Better rephrase that. I have owned a Gold Wing for one year now. I had other touring bgikes in the past for 200,000 miles or so. Once the Gold Wing came into my life, I decided that I needed to attend Americade. The SO and I went this past June, along with 3 others, each also on Gold Wings. Once was enough. I can say, "Been there, done that".

I am a year from retirement. Once I retire, we will go to smaller rallys.

WOTS: Wings Over The Smokies is one we will do. The biggies (Daytona Beach, Sturgis, etc) are not for us.

The sport of motorcycling is like everything else. If it feels good to you, do it.

Just ride!

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
G-Funk said:
WOW ! Now thats impressive. I've never heard of a Harley guy doing this. This sounds sooo cool. How do you keep track like that ? Does the GPS on the bike do it for you and can you download off it ?
Nothing fancy going on here.
Go to this site, I don't think you have to sign in, and you can create your own. Click on Visited States.
http://www.world66.com/myworld66/login? ... /community

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Do those red states have a pool?

:wink:

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
tequilaroy said:
Do those red states have a pool?

:wink:
You were missed at the BBQ! I hope all else is working out OK.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Since I ride a Gold Wing, I go to Gold Wing Rallies. GWRRA, that is ... I don't care for Daytona, Sturgis because of the noise and the really large crowds. I go for the fun, the vendors, the areas to ride and friends that I have met over the years.

This year I have gone to the Tennessee Rally (Pigeon Forge) in April, Region F Rally (Elko) Nevada in May, Indiana Rally (Bloomington) in May, Ohio Rally (Ashland) in June, Wing Ding (Nashville, TN) in July, Minnesota Rally (Alexandria) in July, Washington Rally (Longview) in July, Wings over the Smokies (North Carolina Rally) this past weekend and got rain soaked several times. In two weeks I will go to the Virginia Rally (Salem) and the Mississippi Rally (Biloxi) after that.

Planning on a lot more next year.

I have attended the very first Americade in Lake George, NY in 1983 (called "Aspencade" then) I have attended Americade (way too big and too $$$ now) on several occasions, including the last Americade West in Estes Park, Colorado back in 1992.

Bike turns 100,000 miles this week.

Oh, well - ya gotta do something when ya retire! :D

1 - 20 of 44 Posts