GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's see a picture of your bike that you were riding when you graduated high school. This is not my bike but mine was just like it. A Honda CB750

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
No pics available, but my 1st (1966) "bigger" m/c was a 1966 Honda 305 Scrambler with 6" front tubes, "ape hanger" bars, king/queen seat. Next was a new 1972 Honda 750 K2 with Hap Jones pull back bars w/shield, king/queen seat w/sissy bar, stock pipes w/baffles removed, 16" relaced rim w/16" VW tire, and 8" front tubes. As you can see, I couldn't afford a Harley chopper, but at the time it was great for me. Other misc bikes until 1989 when a bought my 1st Wing; a 1986 GL1200 SEi w/10k miles. Then a 2000 SE pearl white/pearl Merced Green, 2005 yellow, 2010 yellow.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Boomer, I had one just like you, CB750, same color, but it was 2 yrs after I got out of school. Traded it for a new 1975 red GL1000.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Jawa

My ride to and from high school and after school JAWA 250. I had that thing before I had a liscense to drive it on the street. I remember getting a Ticket for no DL. LOL

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
1962 BSA "Super Bantam" 175. Same setup as the first bike, left side brake, right side shift, "squeese bulb horn" screwed downward in fork neck (can be seen in picture). Same color as in picture below. Also had my first cage, 1957 Plymouth Savoy 2 door post sedan in senior year of HS.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Schwinn

Single speed with coaster brake :)

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
One just like this in 1975.

A few years later, I had it plus a new 1978 CB 750K8

wish I still had both of them today.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I had about 3 bikes during that time... not all at once though:

Honda GL500 SilverWing. This is the one that I took took to college and rode my entire time there, until I traded it in for my 1991 Jeep Cherokee... which I still own today. :)

================================================

Honda CB 750A. Had this one during my junior & senior year in High School. If I wasn't riding this bike to school... then I was either catching a ride with 2WheelNut in his Mazda B2000 SE-5 in the winter, or "borrowing" my dad's full dress GL1100... until I wrecked it during my senior year. He wasn't too happy about that.

Honda interceptor: Believe it or not... I had a friend actually give this to me. After having it for about 6 months... he came back to me and said he'd like it back... but he'd give me his SilverWing instead. I said... OK. :)

BONUS!

Thought I'd throw this one in for fun!

Had this one from 9th grade until I upgraded to the CB 750... the trusty Yamahopper QT50! Bad brakes, leaky gas tank, and all!:

·
Registered
495 Posts
I had this the last two years of high school. Ported, polished, and very hard to keep the front wheel down when you twisted the throttle.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
1966 honda CB450. 6 bolt clutch, matched sprockets, 4 speed built for racing. Would bury the speedo at 140 with no problem. Turned low 11's at the drag in the 1/4 mile. Never lost a race on it. God I loved that bike! (The cops didn't though!):roll::oops:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
My Schwinn!

·
Registered
129 Posts
It was a 74 honda 750 four that i bought from NBC studios in Burbank, CA. they used it for courier service. Had it till my first wing, a 76 Gl1000. unfortunatelty no pictures left...

·
Registered
416 Posts
I purchased this 1976 CB550(4) while I was a senior in High School. It's still in the garage with just a little over 10,000 original miles.

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
1 - 20 of 46 Posts