GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Vendor
17,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These pictures are from my 2007. It's a Wing with constance services per Honda maintenance schedule. As part of a larger project, I recently replaced all master cylinders, the clutch slave cylinder, and left and right brake levers. I also completed SB-23. At this point, including SB-23, all were done as PM.

I was gonna replace all calipers too, but the left front one was packaged incorrectly, so replacing the calipers will be done at another time.

Also replaced where both left and right handle-bar switch assemblies. On the left side, my spring was broke for my turn signal switch, the horn and NAVI buttons most of the time were not working. On the right side, sometimes REV on/off would turn off. Both assemblies where well worn and long over due.

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
I envey you, I do much to keep my bike in excellent condition, BUT never quite that far.............I try to follow the good book, with repairs, and replace as much fluid as I possiblly can..

Ronnie

Reactions: GoldWingrGreg

·
Vendor
17,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I envey you, I do much to keep my bike in excellent condition, BUT never quite that far.............I try to follow the good book, with repairs, and replace as much fluid as I possiblly can..

Ronnie
If you are at least following Honda's recommendations, you are far a head of most. In my position, every time I think I've seen everything, another new customer comes in the door, and I get a totally new perspective of the result, and the repair costs, associated with poor maintenance.

Unfortunately, much of that has to do with owners having bad experiences with many repair shops.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts