GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to speed up the access to the board? I have cable an it takes forever to load each page after I pass the home page. Any help ???

Thanks

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
Try turning off or changing your virus protection. Many have had this problem and found improvements with different virus protection. McAfee and Norton seem to be the big offenders. Many, including myself, use AVG and find that it works well with no performance problems with this discussion board.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I've tried several Virus protections including Mcafee, Norton, Zone Labs, Am now using PC-cillin by Trend Micro, Seems to work pretty well. Customer support on the others wasn't too great. My pages come up without any problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turned off my Virus protection and no help. This is the only board I have this problem with.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I know you are past this but I wanted to point out that I use Norton 2005 on this machine and 2006 on my other desktop and it works great (and fast) both places

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
I'm running the Full installation of Norton Systemworks and Webroot Spysweeper, as well as Spybot Search and Destroy and Ad-Aware.
Each page takes less than 2 seconds to display.
Cable, 4 yr old 2.8 gig AMD w/ 1 gig memory.

I think something else, or one of your settings may be slowing you down.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The McAfee security was the problem. Works great now. Thanks Guys

·
Registered
732 Posts
I had McAfee and uninstalled it and went with Norton. Everything is good now. Had the same problems as you before switching.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts