GL1800Riders Forums banner

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Harvest, Alabama. 10 hours south of Ann Arbor, Michigan where I was born. :thumbup:

·
Registered
758 Posts
New to the board

First post, I live in Brockport, west of Rochester, north of Bergen.

Just bought an 09 two weeks ago, the price was right. Been riding for years but this is the first wing, always wanted one and finally got it. Hopefully I'll some of you around.

:excited:
Cheers.

·
Registered
177 Posts
First post, I live in Brockport, west of Rochester, north of Bergen.

Just bought an 09 two weeks ago, the price was right. Been riding for years but this is the first wing, always wanted one and finally got it. Hopefully I'll some of you around.

:excited:
Cheers.
ballistic - I'm just around the corner from you in Penfield. Give me a holler if you ever want to join up for a ride.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Currently live in Eaton Rapids between Jackson and Lansing MI. Grew up in Inkster West of Detroit.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey there Rocha-Cha-Cha Boys... gonna have to have a meet at some point. I hang at Red Jacket Yacht Club in Seneca Falls and my daughter and son-in-law have McGregor Winery just below Penn Yan.

I have a White Wing and travel those roads up there all Summer. School is in sesion now so riding is limited at this time...

But we should get together at some point.

Ride Safe...

·
Registered
531 Posts
I am from Sikeston MO. In southeast corner of the state near where the Ohio and Mississippi rivers meet

·
Registered
469 Posts
cooperstown ,ny but I need to get out of here I've ridden all the roads over and over again plus winter is coming did i say i need to get out of here

·
Registered
758 Posts
Auburn...pretty much dead-center.

Chuck, I noticed you have the "spook" II as your avitar............I worked F4 C's and D's, Okinawa and Nellis, 75 to 81, WCS. :thumbup:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Holbrook NY.....

·
Registered
637 Posts
Chuck, I noticed you have the "spook" II as your avitar............I worked F4 C's and D's, Okinawa and Nellis, 75 to 81, WCS. :thumbup:
Small world! I was at Shaw from 76-79 and Kadena from 79-82, all on RF's. I did Red Flag in 78...If you did C's in Okinawa, they were Weasels, right?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Small world! I was at Shaw from 76-79 and Kadena from 79-82, all on RF's. I did Red Flag in 78...If you did C's in Okinawa, they were Weasels, right?

You are correct sir. C's were Weasels, we used them a lot in the PI for Cope Thunder and Crow Valley exercises. I started on D's in the 18th AMS but switched over to the C's for TDY's to the PI, great place.

I got to Nellis in early 78, so we more than likely crossed paths there and didn't know it, worked D's at Nellis, you're right, small world..........what was your AFSC? mine was 32251P, Weapons Control Systems (Radar).

Paul.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I did Cope Thunder twice and Team Spirit 3x. Being the only Recces in the Pacific we had a lot of TDYs. We also had a detachment of 6 birds at Osan. As far as Red Flag goes, we hung at the California a lot. Stayed at the Mardi Gras for the month, which is still there. (I go to LV about 2x/year). Lost our AF van downtown twice...I think alcohol may have been involved. Can't remember. :shock:

43171C...Crew Chief

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hey Rochester guys.

Bill Shepard in Fairport NY.

I ride a 2000 GL15000 but I am sure you wont hold that against me.

Yes Brennon, I upgraded already but will have the 88 for sale in the spring.

LOL

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hey Rochester guys.

Bill Shepard in Fairport NY.

I ride a 2000 GL15000 but I am sure you wont hold that against me.

Yes Brennon, I upgraded already but will have the 88 for sale in the spring.

LOL
Hey Bill.
Congrats on your new(er) wing!
I'm keeping my '89 1500 in Cincinnati for a few years before I even try to decide to sell it. I have something to ride when I visit the kids.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Born in Watertown, N.Y. in 1942. The family moved to North Syracuse, N.Y. where I lived until 1970. I left in 1970 to vacation in Florida and forgot to return :roll:. I still miss North Syracuse in the summer :nojoke:. I am thinking of riding the Wing back to North Syracuse next year and know I won't recognize it :eek:4:. Anyone live near Chadwicks, N.Y. near Utica :?: I have a friend there that owns Williams Tool Company.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
where ya from

Johnstown, PA here, home of Thunder in the Valley in June, nearby Windber, pa, home of Johnnie Weismuller ( original Tarzan ), and the villiage of Erinfeld, which is the home of Charles Bronson. Also where the movie Slapshot was filmed with Paul Newman.

Up to our A** in snow, so no riding here for a while.

41 - 60 of 92 Posts