GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just ordered the gold strike big ass cup holder. What insulated cup would you recommend for the cup holder?

·
IronMan
18,062 Posts
SOLVED THAT PRETTY QUICK :)

Reactions: kwthom

·
Registered
144 Posts
Get the Yeti 44oz insulated cup in your Goldwing color and personalize it with your initials or some other graphic....good value, great build quality and fits perfect.

·
Registered
9,650 Posts
just ordered the gold strike big ass cup holder. What insulated cup would you recommend for the cup holder?
Don't they recommend a cup?
Get the Yeti 44oz insulated cup in your Goldwing color and personalize it with your initials or some other graphic....good value, great build quality and fits perfect.
That's a LOT of weight (including the fluid) isn't it? 😲

Besides, a Yeti cup is just a sign that says "Steal me!" 😭

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I use a yeti in mine and it works great. Throw a black hand towel over it if your in the ghetto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
I use a 32 oz RTIC that fits perfect and I keep another as backup (iced and H2o) in the passenger armrest that has another Big Ass cupholder installed. Swap out when needed.

·
Registered
537 Posts
If I need a drink that bad, I will pull over and get one... :)

·
Registered
539 Posts
I believe I have a 32oz Ozark/Yeti style cup.
I think it would hold a 44oz if needed.
I bought mine a couple of riding seasons ago and have been satisfied with the purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
I believe I have a 32oz Ozark/Yeti style cup.
I think it would hold a 44oz if needed.
I bought mine a couple of riding seasons ago and have been satisfied with the purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you use a straw or just tilt your head back to drink?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so i settled on, the Yeti 30 oz tumbler, i also ordered the handle and the top with a straw. I had the buttler cup on my 2002 wing with the straw. the butler cup did not fit on the new wing so i think the yeti will fulfill my needs. I ordered the 30 oz rambler instead of the 36 oz yeti bottle. I think that it will not block my view of the left screen.
thanks for the input.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
so i settled on, the Yeti 30 oz tumbler, i also ordered the handle and the top with a straw. I had the buttler cup on my 2002 wing with the straw. the butler cup did not fit on the new wing so i think the yeti will fulfill my needs. I ordered the 30 oz rambler instead of the 36 oz yeti bottle. I think that it will not block my view of the left screen.
thanks for the input.
I didn't think the handle fits inside the big ass holder...photos would help me understand. Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I’ll add another recommendation for the Ozark cup from Walmart. I bought a Yeti lid/straw and it works great. The Ozark at less than $10 is also less likely to be stolen than my Yeti.
took a look at the ozark cup. it didnt have the straw option. i,m more comfortable with the straw.

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Avoid the Stainless straws the make a hell of a racket in the metal cups, silicone straws eliminate that. JMHO

1 - 18 of 18 Posts